Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I've just seen on the television that the USA women soccer WINNERS brought home $2 million.
The USA men's soccer 11th placers brought home $9 million
And the German men's soccer winners brought home $35 million

WTF is that all about? Sorry, I so rarely use harsh language like that, hopefully didn't hurt too many delicate ears with that out burst. I just can't stand crap like that. Really, it gets me all kinds of, let's just say, ummm, “worked up". It's so freakin wrong I didn't believe it at first.
Hell, Super Bowl 30 second commercials cost more than $2 million!

Such is life being a woman, especially in sports.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I've just seen on the television that the USA women soccer WINNERS brought home $2 million.
The USA men's soccer 11th placers brought home $9 million
And the German men's soccer winners brought home $35 million

WTF is that all about? Sorry, I so rarely use harsh language like that, hopefully didn't hurt too many delicate ears with that out burst. I just can't stand crap like that. Really, it gets me all kinds of, let's just say, ummm, “worked up". It's so freakin wrong I didn't believe it at first.
Hell, Super Bowl 30 second commercials cost more than $2 million!
It's okay to be mad Cowboy. The feminist inside me is screaming too.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
An old friend and colleague of mine left to teach in a school in Vale Colorado and he thought the conditions were better over there, but he was into snowboarding and mountain biking etc so I think the lifestyle and opportunities he had made a big difference to him. Think he's left teaching in the classroom now in favour of something else to do with education though.
Maybe all teachers should have sheds where they can hide - or padded cells where they can have a good scream.

This made me chuckle. My husband has been a teacher for over 14 years now (changing to Curriculum Coordinator this fall.)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jaizei is right. You might as well cut your hand off at this point.
But I'm right handed. I do use a left hand mouse though because of all the years being an engineer. Still what would I use for the 10 key pad when sketching and stuff? And then the questions, “War injury?" Umm no. Cat bite,(hanging head)!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jaizei is right. You might as well cut your hand off at this point.
You tell me to cut my hand off but don't respond a peep to my lengthy pm? Alls I gots to say is, “that 'burb best be getting packed cause I'm runnin' outta patients here-abouts."

What was that old song?
“Take out the papers and the trash,
Or you don't get no spending cash!"
“Yakity-Yak don't talk back!"

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
You tell me to cut my hand off but don't respond a peep to my lengthy pm? Alls I gots to say is, “that 'burb best be getting packed cause I'm runnin' outta patients here-abouts."

What was that old song?
“Take out the papers and the trash,
Or you don't get no spending cash!"
“Yakity-Yak don't talk back!"

Shhh! Stop talking. Still packing. The plan is to answer your novella on the road (no, I will not be driving.) I am taking the first leg though (because I am a control freak) so it might be around lunch time. It's gonna be AWESOME. SO WORTH THE WAIT! It's epic. Like, seriously epic!

(I have no idea what I will be writing because it my panic over packing I have forgotten what YOU wrote but I will try and make it epic-ly awesome.)

Fer real.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Did you guys hear about the dude that got killed by a 11 foot gator ? Seems him and a girl was swimming at 2am . The girl seen the gator and told him .He said f that gator . Then the gator killed him . Crazy stuff .