Pretend Chat 2.14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I have many teacher friends that I've made over the years. Mostly disenchanted angry people. But that sounds like most of my friends.
An old friend and colleague of mine left to teach in a school in Vale Colorado and he thought the conditions were better over there, but he was into snowboarding and mountain biking etc so I think the lifestyle and opportunities he had made a big difference to him. Think he's left teaching in the classroom now in favour of something else to do with education though.
Maybe all teachers should have sheds where they can hide - or padded cells where they can have a good scream.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
An old friend and colleague of mine left to teach in a school in Vale Colorado and he thought the conditions were better over there, but he was into snowboarding and mountain biking etc so I think the lifestyle and opportunities he had made a big difference to him. Think he's left teaching in the classroom now in favour of something else to do with education though.
Maybe all teachers should have sheds where they can hide - or padded cells where they can have a good scream.
Funny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think teaching is one of those jobs where you get the extremes between rewarding and frustrating.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
For sure, sister!! Love me some caffeine!!

I just posted this Facebook status:

"...keeping it light with our 3300 mile, 2.5 week road trip. 1 basket of books/toys for the road per child. Also, each of the girls have a suitcase and Jeff and I will share one. We'll wash as needed.

Other than that we will only be packing two pack n' plays, two folding with trays seats for meals, 1 exersaucer, 30 disposable bibs for the road, 12 cans of formula, 4 containers of "puffs", 1 diaper bag filled like you could not imagine, 200 diapers, 3 boxes of wipes, I huge basket of baby toys, crib sheets, favorite blankets and woobies, sound machine, 1 suitcase filled with onesies, outfits, more toddler food, bibs and cups, 1 baby gate, 1 play mat and one huge, honkin' double limo stroller...

That's it."

:D
Wow you must have a huge truck!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Of all the trades and jobs throughout the school board, teachers are the very few that NEVER have to submit to random drug or alcohol testing.
Just saying.

Perks of the job here!
If only.........I'm sure we'd all be happier!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've just seen on the television that the USA women soccer WINNERS brought home $2 million.
The USA men's soccer 11th placers brought home $9 million
And the German men's soccer winners brought home $35 million

WTF is that all about? Sorry, I so rarely use harsh language like that, hopefully didn't hurt too many delicate ears with that out burst. I just can't stand crap like that. Really, it gets me all kinds of, let's just say, ummm, “worked up". It's so freakin wrong I didn't believe it at first.
Hell, Super Bowl 30 second commercials cost more than $2 million!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've just seen on the television that the USA women soccer WINNERS brought home $2 million.

WTF is that all about? Sorry, I so rarely use harsh language like that, hopefully didn't hurt too many delicate ears with that out burst. I just can't stand crap like that. Really, it gets me all kinds of, let's just say, ummm, “worked up". It's so freakin wrong I didn't believe it at first.
So much for equality!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Ken, let me state the obvious.
We're sexist and we don't care about soccer.;)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've been around a couple blocks as it were, so yes, I know about the whole justification in regard to so many things, but, hell I don't think Japan women even received any winnings. I say the USA men's soccer team-11th place and the USA women's soccer team-1st place play each other for each other's winnings. Winner takes all. I bet the men's world say no, knowing they'd get their asses handed to them, but they'd say no because it wouldn't be fair to the women because, well they're men and bigger/stronger than the women.