Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
My cat Mini died about half hour ago. I thought I had more time with her. She had a good evening and then went down very quickly. It was her big rally before the end I guess. I've seen people do that and animals too. I'll miss the little pooper:-( :-(
Sorry to hear about that, may she Rest in peace now.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll miss the little pooper:-( :-(
Tina, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult this is. If they weren't so loving and loyal, I'd not have a cat. But I know the warmth they bring into our lives, from the dead rodents left in the kitchen, to the weaving between your legs when you're balancing too much in your hands. Knowing I don't need to tell you, but being the dad in me, focus on all the wonderful things, the memories that with the tears also bring a smile at the same time. Be well, dear.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My cat Mini died about half hour ago. I thought I had more time with her. She had a good evening and then went down very quickly. It was her big rally before the end I guess. I've seen people do that and animals too. I'll miss the little pooper:-( :-(
I am really sorry for your loss :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I am so sorry to hear about Mini. Although there is never a right time or a right way to lose anyone we love, I hope that it will eventually be a comfort to you that the end came quickly and she didn't suffer too long. I am thinking of you. Lyn

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I am very sorry, Tina.
May she rest in peace.

meech008

5 Year Member
I'm sorry! It's never easy to lose the little four legged souls that work their ways into our hearts. My thoughts are with you

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I've been looking for someone to cover up my tattoo from the Army, but I'm really having a difficult time finding someone that I trust. I would also like to get another one on my forearm to hid some scars.
When I took an art class on calligraphy, there were 2 tattoo artists in the class as well. One of them showed me her book of sample tattoos she'd done. One of the "tattoos" was just a normal photo of a woman's torso and abdomen, appropriately draped. The story was that woman had previously been horrendously over weight, and was one of the first to get the weight loss surgery when it first came out years ago. After losing tons of weight, she had big skin flaps left, and had to get them removed. When they removed her excess skin flaps, they took her belly button with it, so she was left with a beautiful but TOTALLY smooth abdomen with NO belly button. It made her feel weird and freakish to have no belly button- "like a Pod Person!" was how she put it. So she and the tattoo artist looked at lots of photos of Playboy bunnies' bellies, she picked out a belly button she liked, and the artist gave her a Playboy bunny belly button tattoo!!!!
She was happy as a clam! :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
When I took an art class on calligraphy, there were 2 tattoo artists in the class as well. One of them showed me her book of sample tattoos she'd done. One of the "tattoos" was just a normal photo of a woman's torso and abdomen, appropriately draped. The story was that woman had previously been horrendously over weight, and was one of the first to get the weight loss surgery when it first came am out years ago. After losing tons of weight, she had big skin flaps left, and had to get them removed. When they removed her excess skin flaps, they took her belly button with it, so she was left with a beautiful but TOTALLY smooth abdomen with NO belly button. It made her feel weird and freakish to have no belly button- "like a Pod Person!" was how she put it. So she and the tattoo artist looked at lots of photos of Playboy bunnies' bellies, she picked out a belly button she liked, and the artist gave her a Playboy bunny belly button tattoo!!!!
She was happy as a clam! :p
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Lol. It really has been a rather crappy day.

I've been taking muscle relaxers for my stupid neck and I think those are making me moody because I am terribly blue today. You already know of one issue I had today but unfortunately there were others. :0/
Hopefully things smooth out for you soon! :p

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

(((Hugs))) so sorry Tina! I know it's hard to lose a pet!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm so, SO sorry you lost your little pal!!! It's always so hard. :(
<<<HUGGG>>>>

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you are alright.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yeah, that's the stuff. My greenhouse is 20 years old and the material covering the panels is plastic film. I'm lucky it has lasted as long as it has. We've already had to replace three of the panels due to degradation from the sun, and each time it cost $79 per sheet of film. I wanted to try to find something a bit more sturdy this time.

Here's what last night's rain did:

greenhouse 7-19-15.jpg