Pretend Chat 2.14

meech008

5 Year Member
You know what, I will cry if someone, especially my husband asks me if I'm ok. I can't even remember the last time I cried. I never really do so I can't remember.
I don't really cry either. I tend to get weirdly numb and clean my house.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Why do people have parties then turn up the radio so loud you can't even talk to your guest? It's one thing when you have a band playing live music . I know if it's too loud you're too old . My Spanish friends across the street are partying pretty hard right now . The loud bass is making me crazy ! BOOMboomBOOMboom same bas line over and over . I play drums and I just can't understand the same back beat over and over .

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
I've cooked up my dinner View attachment 139759
Looks good, I'm eating breakfast tonight because the wife is baby sitting my grand kids at their house..

DSCN0514_zps114c3418.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Holy Cr__p!! We got more water outta the sky this evening than we've gotten all winter! About 6p the sky started to darken. By 6:30 it was cracking thunder right over my house, rattling the windows. Then the sky opened up! In about 5 minutes my driveway was flooded and water was running like a river down the hill in front of my house. The rain came down so hard that it tore one of the panels in my old greenhouse's roof. It rained like that, huge drops and heavy, for about a half hour. Windy, rainy...terrible stuff. I wanted to get a picture of it, but my batteries were dead.

@mike taylor and @tortdad : One of you was talking a while back about having some scraps of a plastic stuff and you gave the name of it. It's plastic on both sides and looks like corrugated inside. Do you remember the name of that stuff? I want to try and see if I can replace the film on my greenhouse with that stuff. I thought I'd buy one piece the correct size and see if my son-in-law can jury rig it up somehow.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Holy Cr__p!! We got more water outta the sky this evening than we've gotten all winter! About 6p the sky started to darken. By 6:30 it was cracking thunder right over my house, rattling the windows. Then the sky opened up! In about 5 minutes my driveway was flooded and water was running like a river down the hill in front of my house. The rain came down so hard that it tore one of the panels in my old greenhouse's roof. It rained like that, huge drops and heavy, for about a half hour. Windy, rainy...terrible stuff. I wanted to get a picture of it, but my batteries were dead.

@mike taylor and @tortdad : One of you was talking a while back about having some scraps of a plastic stuff and you gave the name of it. It's plastic on both sides and looks like corrugated inside. Do you remember the name of that stuff? I want to try and see if I can replace the film on my greenhouse with that stuff. I thought I'd buy one piece the correct size and see if my son-in-law can jury rig it up somehow.

Must have been mike. Home Depot or lowes carries corrugated panels. Some metal and some plastic.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Must have been mike. Home Depot or lowes carries corrugated panels. Some metal and some plastic.

What I'm talking about are flat sheets of plastic and inside looks like a cardboard box only plastic. Not those wavy panels.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
What I'm talking about are flat sheets of plastic and inside looks like a cardboard box only plastic. Not those wavy panels.
That stuff is called coroplast . Your cheapest place to get it is with a company that makes signs. It's not very strong, why would you use that?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
My cat Mini died about half hour ago. I thought I had more time with her. She had a good evening and then went down very quickly. It was her big rally before the end I guess. I've seen people do that and animals too. I'll miss the little pooper:-( :-(