Pretend Chat 2.14

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Well, I've finished Weedeating the desert tortoise and texas tortoise yards, and then mowing the desert tortoise yard. I emptied 14 grass catchersfull of clippings. Now my ears can't hear and my hands are shaking. I had wanted to also do the back yard and Dudley's yard, but that's about all this poor old body can take for one day.

My daughter is getting her grandson this week-end and she said she was going to bring him over to see the tortoises. I'm looking forward to that. He's such a little cutey pie. But for now, I'm going to feed Misty and myself, then just veg out.

(ew-w-w...snakes - rats too, for that matter!)

Whew! I've done absolutely nothing. Meant to clean out the fish pond, but that'll have to wait...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
There are some very nice people on this earth. Last year I adopted out a breeding group of luteola (desert box turtles) to a guy who lives in a small town south of me. So last week he brought me 3 little hatchling luteolas. This a.m. he called me and asked about my box turtle water pond. The cement is failing and crumbling and I mentioned when he was here last week I had to re-do it. He is bringing a sack of cement, some chicken wire and he's going to re-do that little waterer forme. What a guy!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I saw this on Facebook. It's too cute not to share:

11914883_10153642250883010_8850915856638094794_n.jpg

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Today is my youngest daughters birthday. She turns 8 today and was born with spina bifida occulta/tethered spinal cord. She was born via emergency c-section (her heart rated dropped to 27 beats per minute and the last thing I remember is them running me down the hall on a gurney saying "we're losing her") she was in ICU for three weeks due to aspiration at birth. All my children were birthed naturally and her birth was suppose to be a breeze (been there, done that, got the t-shirt) it was anything but that. Over the years there has been talk of wheelchairs and colostomy bags. So far she is doing just wonderfully...

.. just wanted to share. Yes I am a wee bit emotional today...lol

bday.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
There are some very nice people on this earth. Last year I adopted out a breeding group of luteola (desert box turtles) to a guy who lives in a small town south of me. So last week he brought me 3 little hatchling luteolas. This a.m. he called me and asked about my box turtle water pond. The cement is failing and crumbling and I mentioned when he was here last week I had to re-do it. He is bringing a sack of cement, some chicken wire and he's going to re-do that little waterer forme. What a guy!
ripples in a pond myfriend ripples in a pond

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
They still sell them so people must, we just sent out a few not that long ago...
I mean literally it would cost less than $5 and I could physically hold acknowledgement of me.

You're not allowed to get creeped out if I send you one next year.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Today is my youngest daughters birthday. She turns 8 today and was born with spina bifida occulta/tethered spinal cord. She was born via emergency c-section (her heart rated dropped to 27 beats per minute and the last thing I remember is them running me down the hall on a gurney saying "we're losing her") she was in ICU for three weeks due to aspiration at birth. All my children were birthed naturally and her birth was suppose to be a breeze (been there, done that, got the t-shirt) it was anything but that. Over the years there has been talk of wheelchairs and colostomy bags. So far she is doing just wonderfully...

.. just wanted to share. Yes I am a wee bit emotional today...lol

View attachment 146984
Happy birthday to your gorgeous Princess! My Princess is 10.5 and my twin boys are 8. I have never been lucky to experience labor pains. Had to have 2 scheduled c/sections both times but what matters the most is that THEY ARE HERE! Safe and beautiful!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
all men are created equal but only some are born virgos

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Don't fill bad my birthday was August 9 th. No happy birthday pops nothing . People are wrapped in everyday life . Plus my birthday is just another day to me . My sons birthday is on the 8th . Trust me he will not let me forget .

Happy belated birthday Mr. Mike Taylor!!!
The app doesn't tell you so I didn't know!!!