Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I want an armadillo.
So do I! He was so cute!! Talk about animals I wanted to scoop up and steal.
Their bird however didn't like me... And likes just about everyone else, it's funny I got my friend from GAs African Gray that doesn't like people to warm up to me in a day flat...

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Happy birthday to your gorgeous Princess! My Princess is 10.5 and my twin boys are 8. I have never been lucky to experience labor pains. Had to have 2 scheduled c/sections both times but what matters the most is that THEY ARE HERE! Safe and beautiful!

Thank you so much! She is our youngest (we have five bio kiddos and are foster parents to twin 13 month old boys.) I thrive on chaos...lol

meech008

5 Year Member
Today is my youngest daughters birthday. She turns 8 today and was born with spina bifida occulta/tethered spinal cord. She was born via emergency c-section (her heart rated dropped to 27 beats per minute and the last thing I remember is them running me down the hall on a gurney saying "we're losing her") she was in ICU for three weeks due to aspiration at birth. All my children were birthed naturally and her birth was suppose to be a breeze (been there, done that, got the t-shirt) it was anything but that. Over the years there has been talk of wheelchairs and colostomy bags. So far she is doing just wonderfully...

.. just wanted to share. Yes I am a wee bit emotional today...lol

View attachment 146984
Happy Birthday to your gorgeous little girl!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! Running the Weedeater really stirs up my hay fever. Runny nose and sneezing galore!

Congratulations on the hatchings, Monica. It's always exciting to open the incubator and see activity happening.

I bought my great grandson a little tractor Friday when I was out running errands because my daughter (gramma) said she was going to bring him over Saturday to see the tortoises. But they never came. So she stopped by this a.m. on the way to taking him back home. He's in the back seat (darn I wish I had my camera with me) in the car seat and he's wearing his cowboy hat! Papa (my son-in-law, and his grampa) always wears his cowboy hat, so Cyrus has to wear his too. So cute.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wonder whatever happened to @Ashes . She get married then just drop us like a hot potato?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you so much! She is our youngest (we have five bio kiddos and are foster parents to twin 13 month old boys.) I thrive on chaos...lol
I've always had a soft spot for fostering children and animals. unfortunately could never do it myself, but I'm always full of admiration for all you guys out there who open your homes and families to those in need of care and nurturing. I think that with the number of children two tends to be the threshold. I thought we'd just have "one more" after our daughter and at that point would never entertain the thought of expanding our family beyond that, but ironically my second time ended up with twins and after a while we assumed the attitude that "if you can handle 3, you can handle any number of kids". That's why my house became my children's friends favorite playdate and sleepover spot. I am just not as uptight as I used to be about having perfect/spotless home. Your Baby Girl is a true blessing, and I am really impressed with her cake