Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I want to be one of the cool kids, anyone want to join me?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dang just now, working at the brown house in the "forever in the future it seems" enclosure, I picked up a bunch of cut weeds to take to the pile and also managed to grab a long grass blade. :( The grass blade cut the base of my little finger. :( Talk about bleeding and like a paper cut it hurts. Okay, I am ready for some cheese with my whine.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm exhausted. Busy homeschool day plus hatching out babies is crazytown. So much fun but I am ready for bed. 7 hatched, 2 to go.

I had to take them off damp papertowels because they started eating them. At first I lined the existing papertowels with big romaine leaves and piles of greens, but this evening I pulled out the papertowels and put in long strand sphagnum moss and a new hide.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441767347.018374.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My phone only rings...no announcements, thank goodness!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm exhausted. Busy homeschool day plus hatching out babies is crazytown. So much fun but I am ready for bed. 7 hatched, 2 to go.

I had to take them off damp papertowels because they started eating them. At first I lined the existing papertowels with big romaine leaves and piles of greens, but this evening I pulled out the papertowels and put in long strand sphagnum moss and a new hide.

View attachment 147706

What a nice-looking little herd of babies! Good job.