Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good day all! Back to school, back to work, after a nice, long week-end. First day of school for Nick. I hope you meet some nice folks to be friends with in your new school

Anybody have any neat plans for the day?
Morning;)
Nope
Just work and yard work and stalking my torts :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Noel and Jacqui!

I guess the wind has shifted. There's a big, unchecked forest fire in the foothills about 30 miles east of me. This a.m. the sky was full of haze (smoke) so dense that the sun wasn't shining. And there's a heavy scent of smoke in the air. The sun's shining through now, but still smells smokey.

I was able to finish Dudley's pen and the back yard with the Weedeater, raked it all up and disposed of it. I was going to take the mower to the back yard to smooth it out, but with the smoke in the air I've decided to stay in the house today.

So far I have 4 hatchling 3 toe box turtles, 1 leopard hatchling and 1 Manouria hatchling. The rest of the clutch of leopard eggs have checked (miniscule cracks all over the shell from the baby getting too big for the egg), but no pips yet. And the other two Manouria eggs haven't started to do anything. Every morning I go over the box turtle yards looking for more babies, but none so far. The YF eggs are still cooking - long over due, but not stinking yet.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good afternoon peeps . Remember Yvonne I got dibs on the yellow foot . haha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would have to look back through the posts to be sure, but I'm thinking Jacqui had first dibs!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Good day all! Back to school, back to work, after a nice, long week-end. First day of school for Nick. I hope you meet some nice folks to be friends with in your new school

Anybody have any neat plans for the day?
hospital visit to get an ultrasound done does that count?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Had a fun day yesterday... My two youngest came and got me, then we met up with the oldest girl and her guy for lunch. :)

And then....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
An ultra sound? don't tell us you're pregnant!
no I used protection. It's a vein study to find a good place in my arms for the dialysis access.