Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Well... In about 15 minutes time I'll know my fate... Wish me luck at actually failing a test.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
one of the few tests in life you actually want to fail but most women seem to pass with flying colors

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
one of the few tests in life you actually want to fail but most women seem to pass with flying colors
Not the thing I want to hear as I sit on the bathroom floor of my old college waiting for the result...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Never been so happy to fail a test! I'm OK, it's OK, the stress all just came off me at once...now I'm dizzy. No little nugget for now! Lesson learned!

Hate to be a downer, but you could actually still be pg...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hate to be a downer, but you could actually still be pg...
Shhhhhh! I just needed the stress off, I get it's still possible but now that possible is even smaller. In reality with how sick I was with that UTI the timing of that could very much be related to this.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yep between that, stressed, your increase in physical activity all can be factors.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I've tortoised myself silly today. Yes, I just used tortoise as a verb lol.
There was a mini photoshoot with the hatchlings today and Mia came inside for a probiotic+supplement snack. Everyone is tucked in and I'm finally going to eat dinner. Uhhh...that is after I clean up Mia's mess LOL.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1442021344.719232.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1442021370.106302.jpg

If my kids weren't already tortoise people before these hatchlings arrived, they certainly are now. They are smitten with them!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Yep between that, stressed, your increase in physical activity all can be factors.
No real increase of physical exercise...but I've also been "coping" with losing half my job so that stress alone could do it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Never been so happy to fail a test! I'm OK, it's OK, the stress all just came off me at once...now I'm dizzy. No little nugget for now! Lesson learned!

Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll pass one day. ;)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Every year on 9/11 I watch the documentaries and stuff that air on TV mostly just the survival ones about the first responder and workers. Well now ones on with basically a bunch of clips regular people took during the day from all over the city. There was one, you could see person after person jumping and while I've known since the day how big of a tragedy it was, I don't think I actually thought hard about the people in the upper floors. I had to leave the room I couldn't watch it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Every year on 9/11 I watch the documentaries and stuff that air on TV mostly just the survival ones about the first responder and workers. Well now ones on with basically a bunch of clips regular people took during the day from all over the city. There was one, you could see person after person jumping and while I've known since the day how big of a tragedy it was, I don't think I actually thought hard about the people in the upper floors. I had to leave the room I couldn't watch it.
I couldn't leave a “like" because I didn't want folks to be confused, but I “like" what you are reminding all of us about, and I “like" that you are tough enough to admit you had to leave the room.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Grandpa!!! I've found a turtle for you that I'm sure you'll be interested in getting. I even have a picture of it for you.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What's up Ken ? Where have you been hiding my friend ?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've been spending time reading real books to help with my cognitive repair. When I pointed out that I've plenty of books on my iPhone & iPad I was reminded that those are designed to distract and that what I need is to be able to focus. BUT… during the week I'm here all day and would always welcome a phone call from a true friend such as yourself.