Pretend Chat 2.14

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I've been spending time reading real books to help with my cognitive repair. When I pointed out that I've plenty of books on my iPhone & iPad I was reminded that those are designed to distract and that what I need is to be able to focus. BUT… during the week I'm here all day and would always welcome a phone call from a true friend such as yourself.
What are you reading?
I'm reading The Edison Gene at the moment. Interesting for sure.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I couldn't leave a “like" because I didn't want folks to be confused, but I “like" what you are reminding all of us about, and I “like" that you are tough enough to admit you had to leave the room.
I could never forget. I was only in 2ND grade, old enough to remember, old enough to understand terrorism and the tragedy but young enough to not remember much of my life before that, I'm pretty much the youngest age of people that can actually remember. My brother was only 1. Not going to lie I want to take US history classes when I retire and loudly tell tell the fellow college students that I remember that day, image the looks they'd give!

I wear emotions on my sleeve, I don't believe it's helpful to hide things, and who cares if people judge me in person over that. I just absolutely refuse to cry in front of people unless there's some pretty severe pain or suffering.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just absolutely refuse to cry in front of people unless there's some pretty severe pain or suffering.
Me, ever since the wreck, I can tear up from almost anything. Normally I know it's gonna happen and I announce as much. Typically 1 tear from each eye, then it passes. Doctors tell me it's a normal effect of slapping my face on the highway when I first started to roll.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
documentaries on 911 are hard to watch especially the ones when youhear the people who jumped smashing the cars below and theside of the building but I watch anyways I feel like I owe it to them

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
documentaries on 911 are hard to watch especially the ones when youhear the people who jumped smashing the cars below and theside of the building but I watch anyways I feel like I owe it to them
As someone who's personally contemplated ending it and thinking through the ways for months it pains me to think that people made that choice in minutes. Though in thinking about the fire and the heat up there I think I know what I would have done too which is why I can't watch, it's like I can personally feel the emotions in that moment.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Me, ever since the wreck, I can tear up from almost anything. Normally I know it's gonna happen and I announce as much. Typically 1 tear from each eye, then it passes. Doctors tell me it's a normal effect of slapping my face on the highway when I first started to roll.
I just wear sunglasses a lot on times I feel emotional, but for be that's just hormones or whatever. I'm only embarrassed about crying if there's no real reason... Like the other day at the fair I was watching a kid eating an ice cream cone waving it around talking to her father and i started tearing up that the ice cream was going to fall and my friend thankfully didn't judge me.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Like the other day at the fair I was watching a kid eating an ice cream cone waving it around talking to her father and i started tearing up that the ice cream was going to fall and my friend thankfully didn't judge me.
I totally get it. I do that as well. Most people I'm around now understand when I say head injury, I'm starting to tear up. They often smile at me and look very understanding. Many times the older women folks will ask me to come to them for a warm comforting hug.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
even at my sickest,right now I've never contemplated suicide

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I totally get it. I do that as well. Most people I'm around now understand when I say head injury, I'm starting to tear up. They often smile at me and look very understanding. Many times the older women folks will ask me to come to them for a warm comforting hug.
Comforting hugs are quite helpful sometimes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday there was a junk mail in my box addressed to Sabrina Gomez (don't know anyone by that name). It was letting her know that there was going to be try-outs coming up for young girls interested in modeling careers. Then today I got another junk mail for Sabrina advising her to sign up for a Discover Card for college and education expenses.

It's got me a bit worried, using my address like that. I tried to find her on Facebook, but she's not there.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Yesterday there was a junk mail in my box addressed to Sabrina Gomez (don't know anyone by that name). It was letting her know that there was going to be try-outs coming up for young girls interested in modeling careers. Then today I got another junk mail for Sabrina advising her to sign up for a Discover Card for college and education expenses.

It's got me a bit worried, using my address like that. I tried to find her on Facebook, but she's not there.
is that your alter ego?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Morning Jacqui . I'm cooking ribs on the smoker right now . Then I will be heading over to Kevin's house to eat BBQ .