Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Free beer too?........Honey......hurry ..........our flight are taking off in only 10 minutes. I'm not going to missi all you can eat ribs.:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek:;);)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning everyone.

As of yesterday, we no longer have a dog. Our min pin was an adoption and he went back to his foster mom after he tried to attack one of my yearlings.
I just can't have that kind of extra stress factor of a tortoise hungry dog. He was a really good dog otherwise so if she doesn't keep him, he will easily find a new home. It's really weird not having a dog and I still have a heavy heart about giving him back but my tortoises are my priority. I've never been without a dog so this is new territory and I do feel a void where Dexter has been. :(
Someone warned me that I may start having a problem with feral cats taking an interest in the tortoises now that there is no dog to keep them away. I sure hope not.
Sorry it didn't work out, but good job you discovered he's not safe around your torts.
He'll probably find another good home soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I dislike stores that stock empty boxes on their shelves and then when you buy the item, they have to find it. I went to the pet store to get a new UVB bulb. Then they tried to find the bulb once I was at the register. Not in back stock and not in the new unloaded boxes of stuff. No bulb. Called the other location in town and they don't have any either.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I dislike stores that stock empty boxes on their shelves and then when you buy the item, they have to find it. I went to the pet store to get a new UVB bulb. Then they tried to find the bulb once I was at the register. Not in back stock and not in the new unloaded boxes of stuff. No bulb. Called the other location in town and they don't have any either.
I haven't been to a store that does that unless it's electronics. That would make me mad.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There should be one in on the next shipment, which comes in on Wednesday. However, it most likely will not be all put out on shelves til Saturday, the manager said. Couldn't believe that part either, but it looked today like the truck had just come ibin and it was there Wednesday actually. :rolleyes:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'm well. Not much of jet-leg yet. I hope the jet-leg will take a easy on me.

Solar company will come to install my solar system tomorrow. They will be here early in the morning with about 1/2 day worth of work. After the city and the utility company's inspection in about two week, I will be on solar.

WOO-HOO! ! !

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dang, somebody got the last of the pavers. :( Well atleast I have a start and next fall there will be more on clearance.