Pretend Chat 2.14

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
If that is the case.....I need to take more photo for you and hope the photo can provide the answer for your question.

Please wait till the morning.

Yes, I was asking about the area around the panel where the lath is exposed. With electrical panels you typically have 2 mounting options: (on the) surface or flush (in the wall). Your box is recessed into the wall (flush mounted) but the box itself looks like a surface mount box. Flush mount boxes have either an oversized cover or trim that covers up the gap between the box and the wall.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes, I was asking about the area around the panel where the lath is exposed. With electrical panels you typically have 2 mounting options: (on the) surface or flush (in the wall). Your box is recessed into the wall (flush mounted) but the box itself looks like a surface mount box. Flush mount boxes have either an oversized cover or trim that covers up the gap between the box and the wall.
As I know, this part around the electrical panel are not completed, need to be have edge open like that because waiting for the city's inspection. That is reguired by the city building Dept. They will sealed back afterward.

This is in the wall panel.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi everyone!

I kept waking up throughout the night thinking I hear thunder. But I live on a busy street, and my sleepy mind told me it was just traffic noise. But, lo and behold, when I took Misty out this a.m. it rained! So thunder afterall. Naturally, because I have piles of fresh dirt alongside my open trench, and all my garden tools and measuring tape, hammer and other tools, still sitting outside because we were going to use them again today, it rained! Of course, huh?

Here's wishing all you early morning chatters a happy Sunday. Kick back and enjoy your day off.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We have rain here in San Diego!!!
Love it!!!
Now it's time to clean the garage!
Poor torts won't get out today:(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
rain rain go away come back another day

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
let's see if that works as well as it did last time when I said it

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Naked rain dance is like a multiplier that increases effectiveness.
if I did a naked rain dance it might stop raining all over the world. take that however you want to take it

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I need help with a quote guys and girls. I saw it was on Facebook and I love it but I can't remember it or find it again. it starts out with the term my woman does not imply ownership it talks about how you're choosing that person to be yours it was really nice but I can't find it I've done web search after web search for nothing. if anybody knows of it let me know please thank you very much and good luck this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds (BOOM)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I need help with a quote guys and girls. I saw it was on Facebook and I love it but I can't remember it or find it again. it starts out with the term my woman does not imply ownership it talks about how you're choosing that person to be yours it was really nice but I can't find it I've done web search after web search for nothing. if anybody knows of it let me know please thank you very much and good luck this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds (BOOM)

women-are-evil.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
And obviously I choose the least pretty version. This one's better

b54b28068a1e49ec53b25cb782b8414d.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I knew if anyone could find it for you, David, Cameron could.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Will is now on his way home, and it is a bit of a sad day for me. He took the Manouria emys phayrei tortoises home with him. I still have the emys emys, but the phayrei were favorites of mine. So I kept this year's baby.

Here's a picture of what he did for me this week-end:

trench 10-4-15 a.jpg

Tomorrow I'll call the electrician and get the wire installed and hooked up. Then there's a big backfill job in my future!

William also planted my Madagascar tree in the new greenhouse. It had gotten so big and so heavy that I couldn't move it around anymore. So now it's planted in the ground.

Madagascar tree 10-4-15.jpg

He took all the babies except for the desert tortoise and Texas tortoise babies. (Well, and the little Manouria) It's going to seem strange not having all those babies to feed. Plus, with the two large Manouria gone, my feed bill will be considerably lower.

Now I can concentrate all my time on bringing the plants in before the first frost.

Oh, I forgot to mention the night box. In the second picture, disregard the blue tarp. I had that hanging across the ceiling to help shade the greenhouse a bit. The night box William built is at the back of the greenhouse. It's quite nice, and contains three infra red heat panels. It's very well-insulated. I doubt they will be able to use it in the summer, but for winter it's going to be great!\

William also put handles on the roof panels so I can reach them to prop them open in the heat of the day. It's so handy having a tortoise person around. I may consider moving house to SoCal just be be nearer to him.

Last edited:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Will is now on his way home, and it is a bit of a sad day for me. He took the Manouria emys phayrei tortoises home with him. I still have the emys emys, but the phayrei were favorites of mine. So I kept this year's baby.

Here's a picture of what he did for me this week-end:

View attachment 151014

Tomorrow I'll call the electrician and get the wire installed and hooked up. Then there's a big backfill job in my future!

William also planted my Madagascar tree in the new greenhouse. It had gotten so big and so heavy that I couldn't move it around anymore. So now it's planted in the ground.

View attachment 151015

He took all the babies except for the desert tortoise and Texas tortoise babies. (Well, and the little Manouria) It's going to seem strange not having all those babies to feed. Plus, with the two large Manouria gone, my feed bill will be considerably lower.

Now I can concentrate all my time on bringing the plants in before the first frost.

Oh, I forgot to mention the night box. In the second picture, disregard the blue tarp. I had that hanging across the ceiling to help shade the greenhouse a bit. The night box William build is at the back of the greenhouse. It's quite nice, and contains three infra red heat panels. It's very well-insulated. I doubt they will be able to use it in the summer, but for winter it's going to be great!\

William also put handles on the roof panels so I can reach them to prop them open in the heat of the day. It's so handy having a tortoise person around. I may consider moving house to SoCal just be be nearer to him.

If you're moving you might as well come to texas.