Pretend Chat 2.14

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I was just trying to take a nap before work and it sounds like I has as much luck as you. When I want to sleep it never happens. Hopefully you fall asleep soon.
Thanks Jacqui, v sweet of you. Sleep is a very difficult thing to deal with; and I read what you mentioned in books that the more you wait for sleep, the longer it takes you to fall asleep; which seems to be very true. Therefore I do NOT go to bed until I'm literally exhausted; as tossing and turning is not at all healthy: it only allows all sorts of negative things to race through the mind, meaning sleep is nowhere near. And notice, it is now 2.35 am!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thanks Jacqui, v sweet of you. Sleep is a very difficult thing to deal with; and I read what you mentioned in books that the more you wait for sleep, the longer it takes you to fall asleep; which seems to be very true. Therefore I do NOT go to bed until I'm literally exhausted; as tossing and turning is not at all healthy: it only allows all sorts of negative things to race through the mind, meaning sleep is nowhere near. And notice, it is now 2.35 am!

I can feel exhausted, but the minute my head hits the pillow I am wide awake. Now I can usually fall sleep sitting in a car Iif on my swing... except when I want to take a nap or sleep.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Is there a good brand name one?
I don't know any in US.

The best or the most of what I tasted, are local people, home made, in a small "tequiria" . I have not yet found a local Mexican restaurant that offer mole in my neighborhood.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mexican mole = molay

the other word, guadalajara, is a Mexican state.

I've never tasted mole. But, like Kathy, I LOVE tortillas. I go back and forth. One time I'm crazy for corn tortillas but the next time I want flour.

I went to the Ugly Plant Sale and scored 9 - gallon pots of gazania, violets, purslane with pretty orange flowers, a purple African daisy and a cute little ground cover that has tiny purple snapdragon-like flowers. Then I had to call triple A to come take my flat off the truck and put my spare on. Dropped the tire off at the tire shop and came home.

So tomorrow I'll go have my tire mounted back on the truck, start shovelling dirt into the electrical trench and re-pot some ugly plants. My electrician gave me a helpful hint. He says his wife uses a hoe to pull the dirt back into the trench. this sounds much easier that shovelling it.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Moles02-e-0413.jpg

Yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
mole_1585873c.jpg

Hello!!!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Mexican mole = molay

the other word, guadalajara, is a Mexican state.

I've never tasted mole. But, like Kathy, I LOVE tortillas. I go back and forth. One time I'm crazy for corn tortillas but the next time I want flour.

I went to the Ugly Plant Sale and scored 9 - gallon pots of gazania, violets, purslane with pretty orange flowers, a purple African daisy and a cute little ground cover that has tiny purple snapdragon-like flowers. Then I had to call triple A to come take my flat off the truck and put my spare on. Dropped the tire off at the tire shop and came home.

So tomorrow I'll go have my tire mounted back on the truck, start shovelling dirt into the electrical trench and re-pot some ugly plants. My electrician gave me a helpful hint. He says his wife uses a hoe to pull the dirt back into the trench. this sounds much easier that shovelling it.

What a eventful afternoon. But WHAT?????

NO PICTURES of your spoils of ugly plant sale??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The hoe does sound easier, but I do not think I even have one around here.

Sorry about the tire. Flats are such a pain.