Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Good afternoon!!
Just wanted to share the outdoor enclosure I put together for my hatchling desert tort this morning.
I had him in a cement mixing bin for the last two weeks until I decided to use a kiddie pool for now. He wasn't to happy the first 30 minutes but now I see him eating.
I have a couple of hills for him to climb which you can't see in the photo.
I also put up bird netting just in case. It's nothing special but gives him more room and enjoy the sun for a few hours.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1444242615.865483.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good afternoon!!
Just wanted to share the outdoor enclosure I put together for my hatchling desert tort this morning.
I had him in a cement mixing bin for the last two weeks until I decided to use a kiddie pool for now. He wasn't to happy the first 30 minutes but now I see him eating.
I also put up bird netting just in case. It nothing special but gives him more room and enjoy the sun for a few hours.
View attachment 151366

That's nice, Kathy. It's good to get them outside for natural sun every so often.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good afternoon!!
I also put up bird netting just in case. It's nothing special but gives him more room and enjoy the sun for a few hours.
View attachment 151366

I bet he will enjoy it

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Afternoon all! Waiting on my neighbor at the Salvation Army. I bought a sack of books and a sleeping bag for next year at one of the seating areas near the tortoise enclosure. The color would look best in one area, but I might get more use of it in another. Good thing I have several months to decide.:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Afternoon all! Waiting on my neighbor at the Salvation Army. I bought a sack of books and a sleeping bag for next year at one of the seating areas near the tortoise enclosure. The color would look best in one area, but I might get more use of it in another. Good thing I have several months to decide.:rolleyes:

Are you saying that your sleeping bag is to use near the tortoise enclosures?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Sooo you sit bundled up sipping tea in the cold watching your torts;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
This morning I was at Lowes and on the $1 rack I found purslane and something else I can remember. I bought 6 altogether. I just need to plant them and get them healthy again. I have started a couple different areas for plants for the future that I'm sure have been sprayed.
We are getting into the 90's again this week after all the rain we got a couple of days ago.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi Jacqui *waves*:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the bad plant rack. I've scored some pretty good bargains at Lowes at that rack. Will and I went to Lowe's this past week-end and he pulls out his phone and does the poison plant check on the discounted plants.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This morning I was at Lowes and on the $1 rack I found purslane and something else I can remember. I bought 6 altogether. I just need to plant them and get them healthy again. I have started a couple different areas for plants for the future that I'm sure have been sprayed.
We are getting into the 90's again this week after all the rain we got a couple of days ago.

Great finds!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love the bad plant rack. I've scored some pretty good bargains at Lowes at that rack. Will and I went to Lowe's this past week-end and he pulls out his phone and does the poison plant check on the discounted plants.

We do not call them bad plants, just ones needing TLC. I love a good bargin plant.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

That's exactly what I did! It took forever. Better safe than sorry:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I have nothing to do this afternoon.

Have some coco coil soaked and now under the sun, it will be ready to use in a week that I'm prepared for my Hermanni to hibernating in.

Maybe I will go dig a bigger basement for our "little pig"!