Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Last night I was out with my running friends and was really having a hard time because I really wanted a drink. I looked at the friend I've gotten really close with (the one I had sushi with the other day) and asked if I'd be dumb to order a Shirley Temple, she didn't judge and told the waitress for me I wanted one because I've never ordered one and felt silly. She's definitely a keeper in my life <3
View attachment 151618

Did you like the Shirley Temple?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
During the night we had a nice rain shower, the clouds then moved on and the fresh cleaned sky just sparkled with all those bright stars. The moon was showed up by the stars, they were so glowing.

meech008

5 Year Member
Last night I was out with my running friends and was really having a hard time because I really wanted a drink. I looked at the friend I've gotten really close with (the one I had sushi with the other day) and asked if I'd be dumb to order a Shirley Temple, she didn't judge and told the waitress for me I wanted one because I've never ordered one and felt silly. She's definitely a keeper in my life <3
View attachment 151618
Shirley Temples are the bomb! I love those suckers. You should never feel silly for doing something that is bettering your life. I don't know you very well or nearly as much as these other lovely people but you should always do what's best for you when it comes to your health, be it mental or physical. I'm proud that you got that instead of a drink! Good for YOU.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I always try to. Did you get some sleep last night?
Thanks your question, Jacqui. V sweet of you.:<3:

Yes, thanks. Slept eight whole hours. There's a myth in my sleep: one night I sleep seven/eight hours, and another night I sleep three/four hours. (Was telling Adam, who confirmed it's odd). Strange isn't it?:confused:

What about you? Hope you got enough sleep.:)

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Shirley Temples are the bomb! I love those suckers. You should never feel silly for doing something that is bettering your life. I don't know you very well or nearly as much as these other lovely people but you should always do what's best for you when it comes to your health, be it mental or physical. I'm proud that you got that instead of a drink! Good for YOU.
I don't think I ever actually described here why I quit drinking, so I mean it's not like your really missed much, basically far too many bad things happened when I got drunk and I have an addictive personality and caught the problem before it became a big one. It's just hard going out and not drinking because everyone knew me as the one all excited to get my beer after running and they don't know why I stopped except for my friend, thankfully everyone's supportive without question. Last week was my first week out without drinking and everyone got just water and a woman in the group said she wouldn't let me get a drink even if I wanted...funny because I managed to forget my ID anyways.
Seeing as I don't believe we've ever crossed paths here, hi I'm Sarah!

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
My friend has been like the Savior of my sobriety. She's been there before and knows if I just drink water and go out I'm gonna get mad eventually and get a drink, the day we got sushi she basically made me get a non alcohol pina colada and I'm so glad she did it was perfect.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you're so vain you probably think this post is about you....... don't you?

meech008

5 Year Member
I don't think I ever actually described here why I quit drinking, so I mean it's not like your really missed much, basically far too many bad things happened when I got drunk and I have an addictive personality and caught the problem before it became a big one. It's just hard going out and not drinking because everyone knew me as the one all excited to get my beer after running and they don't know why I stopped except for my friend, thankfully everyone's supportive without question. Last week was my first week out without drinking and everyone got just water and a woman in the group said she wouldn't let me get a drink even if I wanted...funny because I managed to forget my ID anyways.
Seeing as I don't believe we've ever crossed paths here, hi I'm Sarah!
Hi! I'm Michelle :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
animal fun fact: chinchillas can not get wet theit fur retains the moisture and they can mildew that's why are they bathe in dirt. now you know