Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I'm now back on my iPhone since my HTC fell off a mountain... The sad part is I'm only slightly exaggerating
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1444412492.144603.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have managed to lose 10lbs without even trying. I gave up my evening snack of vanilla ice cream and instead I have a bowl of frosted flakes. I only eat lunch, and I have a desert after lunch. Nothing throughout the rest of the day. This week I bought a container of dried bananas and yogurt covered pretzels, hoping that will satisfy my 'snacking' need and yet not put the lbs back on.

My new tires are beautiful! Hopefully Will can sell some lots of babies so I can put the tire money back in my savings.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I think progress goes slow for most of us.

I know right! I have been waiting months for a gate and to finish screwing in a few panels!
My husband only mentions finishing it when he helps me bring in the reds and he has to step over a panel that near trips us as we climb over.

A girl can dream.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I know right! I have been waiting months for a gate and to finish screwing in a few panels!
My husband only mentions finishing it when he helps me bring in the reds and he has to step over a panel that near trips us as we climb over.

A girl can dream.

Jeff talks about it when he is out on the road, once home he never seems to find time to help. Now my son who use to help seldom comes down to help due to his job. My ex (who I can sometimes get to help) runs hot and cold with helping depending on who has told him an ex should not be friends with each other.

Speaking of unfinished projects, did I ever tell you about the big hole in the middle of one side yard?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Apparently it isn't always a good idea to mention that you rehomed your dogs for attacking tortoises. Sometimes dog people lose their minds and treat you like a selfish piece of crap. -sigh-

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Apparently it isn't always a good idea to mention that you rehomed your dogs for attacking tortoises. Sometimes dog people lose their minds and treat you like a selfish piece of crap. -sigh-

City folk?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
City folk?
A couple from the UK. They tag team attacked me for mentioning I rehomed my dogs and why and that my tortoises are my priority. Mind you my dogs went to excellent loving homes with friends of mine. I mentioned that. It didn't matter. They still went on and on in a tortoise group on fb.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Attacking Watson was the last straw after some other unrelated problems. I just couldn't put the torts at risk.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I loved my dogs. And the decisions were difficult but I had to do what kept a bad situation from occurring because even though I separated my yard, it still happened, twice. Both times I caught it as it was just starting so no serious harm was done, although Watson was scared to death and hid in his shell for the first time in his life. :(
I am actually currently talking to the lady who took the little minpin back. She was his foster before I adopted him. He is doing fantastic and the dog aggression he had when he came to me is gone. He learned how to behave around other dogs while I had him and is now great on walks and with her other dog. No issues what so ever. So he did some healing/maturing while he was with my family and that makes my heart swell. I love that little brat. He was a stray and then rescued from the city animal control death row by a no kill shelter. He was with a foster when I adopted him. His foster and I became good friends through his adoption and when things became problematic, she took him back. The report on his changed behavior is such good news though because if she decides to send him on to another family, there won't be poor behavior with other dogs they may already have. His paperwork clearly stated he was dog aggressive when I adopted him.