Pretend Chat 2.14

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Not me. My weekend was heartbreaking. One of the little boys from my football team had an allergic reaction on nov 30th that gave him a heart attack. He was given cpr on the way to the hospital but didn't have a pulse for almost 10'mins. His brain had lots and lots of swelling and he had been in a coma on a ventilator ever since. Friday afternoon he was declared brain dead and early Saturday morning his family donated his organs. Bryson was only 6 years old. Completely healthy and never had allergies before. Rest easy Bryson.

If y'all could do me a favor and watch the news article and send positive thoughts towards his family and to the family's that were lucky enough to revive the gift of his organs. I pray that each of their surgeries were a success.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/6-year-old-football-player-in-coma-after-cardiac-arrest
Sending prayers their way

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's sad when a kid dies before he had a chance to live . To lose a kid with no health problems its unbelievable .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sissie.... ;)We have pouring rain, gonna have 3 inches today, 30 MPH winds and 40 degrees. Ya wanna be cold? PNW right now. We got 3 ft of snow yesterday in the Cascades. All the lifts are open. Not that I care....
but I am kinda worried about Heather. Medford got snow and ice and lost power for hours. This is her first winter here and she's in a declared emergency situation.
I believe that is why we live in California

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm at my son's school he has a band concert . I wish I could post videos from my phone . He is very good . He also plays the guitar .

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, it's been in the low 70's as the high, and even my torts don't want to go out. I make all of them get some sun, though. Even if it's in the 60's, all the torts get out for a little walkabout, otherwise, they'd go nuts locked up in their pens. That's why I recently bought a walkthrough freezer curtain so that it will maintain the warmer temps inside and keep the cold out. Funny how that works, huh.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Well, it's been in the low 70's as the high, and even my torts don't want to go out. I make all of them get some sun, though. Even if it's in the 60's, all the torts get out for a little walkabout, otherwise, they'd go nuts locked up in their pens. That's why I recently bought a walkthrough freezer curtain so that it will maintain the warmer temps inside and keep the cold out. Funny how that works, huh.

My bigger torts go out in the 60's too. At least for a couple of hours if it's sunny.
I just saw our forecast for the next few nights and low 30's it is.
We don't see that to often.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've see my big sulcatas out in the high 30's . They come out walk around then back in their house . Sally would say out and I'd have to put her back in the shed . It seems this winter she knows to go inside to heat up .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I've see my big sulcatas out in the high 30's . They come out walk around then back in their house . Sally would say out and I'd have to put her back in the shed . It seems this winter she knows to go inside to heat up .

You trained her well:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
today is December 15th it's national cupcake day simultaneously it is also national cat hoarders day. Interesting don't you think? So on today's date have a cupcake visit a cat hoarder but whatever you do Do not eat cupcakes at a cat hoarders house they're too hairy

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
today is December 15th it's national cupcake day simultaneously it is also national cat hoarders day. Interesting don't you think? So on today's date have a cupcake visit a cat hoarder but whatever you do Do not eat cupcakes at a cat hoarders house they're too hairy

Not necessarily.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not me. My weekend was heartbreaking. One of the little boys from my football team had an allergic reaction on nov 30th that gave him a heart attack. He was given cpr on the way to the hospital but didn't have a pulse for almost 10'mins. His brain had lots and lots of swelling and he had been in a coma on a ventilator ever since. Friday afternoon he was declared brain dead and early Saturday morning his family donated his organs. Bryson was only 6 years old. Completely healthy and never had allergies before. Rest easy Bryson.

If y'all could do me a favor and watch the news article and send positive thoughts towards his family and to the family's that were lucky enough to revive the gift of his organs. I pray that each of their surgeries were a success.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/6-year-old-football-player-in-coma-after-cardiac-arrest

So sad, especially this time of year. Already he was able to continue living and bringing joy to others via his donation.