Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
LEAVES!
leaves c.jpg

LEAVES!!
leaves d.jpg

LEAVES!!!!!!!
leaves e.jpg

I'm so glad I didn't waste my energy raking leaves this a.m. because it's windy as hell out there right now! And COLD! So, needless to say, my lazy butt is back in the house doing nothing.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I take you aren't raking the yard today . My lazy butt waits to all the leaves fall . Then I take the riding mower set on the highest setting to blow them around my trees . By summer they are mulch .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I take you aren't raking the yard today . My lazy butt waits to all the leaves fall . Then I take the riding mower set on the highest setting to blow them around my trees . By summer they are mulch .

I've seen those commercials for the riding leaf vacuum - I think it's an attachment to a mower. And I would really love to have something like that...but my property isn't big enough. It would be hard to maneuver.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, I am going to decorate my Dale Earnhardt tree, now that I figured out the light situation. But first....I am going out into the rain and rake also. If I wait for it to stop raining, spring would be here and the leaves would have dried and blown away. Wait, Wait....That's a plan, she says with a devious grin....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's what I'm screaming ! Why do today when it can wait to tomorrow .

M

Maggie Cummings

Rain? "DRY" leaves? oxymoron.

It doesn't rain so much in Spring. Next week it's gonna freeze, that will help break down the leaves (specially if I walk on the frozen ones). Then they are little pieces that blow away...Raking all done...

I wish

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yesterday was nice ,today not so much . That's one more thing about Texas ..... If you don't like the weather wait a minute it will change . Today its 54° and raining .

Myroli

It doesn't rain so much in Spring. Next week it's gonna freeze, that will help break down the leaves (specially if I walk on the frozen ones). Then they are little pieces that blow away...Raking all done...

I wish
Yesterday it was cool and raining, I think I prefer the cold and less rain today, at least that's how it was in San Antonio through to Bastrop

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yesterday we didn't get a drop of rain in New Caney .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
it's raining pretty good right now in California, I'm scared I'm not used to it

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
There's a pair of little Black Phoebes nesting someplace near my house.

black-phoebe.jpg

The male sits in the tree by my front door and cheeps. They're such a neat little bird. And not real afraid of me either. A couple years ago they built a nest under the eaves right above my back door. Their nest is made out of mud and hair. They raised two babies that year. Then the next year she added onto the original nest and laid eggs, but a hawk or some other big bird swooped in and ate the eggs. They never came back to that spot. It was kind of interesting that a bird would have known about the nest because it was up under the eaves with a facia along one side, and pretty invisible from the roof or from the air. The bigger bird must have been watching the female fly to the nest.

Ho Hum.

Guess I'd better go bring up a couple wheelbarrow loads of firewood to the front porch before it rains again.

I wonder if that's what's in our little muddy nest we have under the eaves?

We do have a few best under our eaves or on top of our outdoor speakers and I just love watching them and know that they have a warm home.

We also have a teddy bear that was thrown up on to a beam under our veranda and the bear stayed up there for over a year and birds finally built a nest next to it. It's been 5 years and those birds come back every so often to lay eggs.
Once the pair knock the nest out so I carefully put it back and they kicked it out and made a new one.
Now when kids come over I tell them not to touch it!
I just ran out to snap a pic.
I love little wild birds.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1450066408.776977.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Not me. My weekend was heartbreaking. One of the little boys from my football team had an allergic reaction on nov 30th that gave him a heart attack. He was given cpr on the way to the hospital but didn't have a pulse for almost 10'mins. His brain had lots and lots of swelling and he had been in a coma on a ventilator ever since. Friday afternoon he was declared brain dead and early Saturday morning his family donated his organs. Bryson was only 6 years old. Completely healthy and never had allergies before. Rest easy Bryson.

If y'all could do me a favor and watch the news article and send positive thoughts towards his family and to the family's that were lucky enough to revive the gift of his organs. I pray that each of their surgeries were a success.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/6-year-old-football-player-in-coma-after-cardiac-arrest

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wonder if that's what's in our little muddy nest we have under the eaves?

We do have a few best under our eaves or on top of our outdoor speakers and I just love watching them and know that they have a warm home.

We also have a teddy bear that was thrown up on to a beam under our veranda and the bear stayed up there for over a year and birds finally built a nest next to it. It's been 5 years and those birds come back every so often to lay eggs.
Once the pair knock the nest out so I carefully put it back and they kicked it out and made a new one.
Now when kids come over I tell them not to touch it!
I just ran out to snap a pic.
I love little wild birds.
View attachment 158657

It gets messy with all the poop, but I love having a bird nest close by like that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not me. My weekend was heartbreaking. One of the little boys from my football team had an allergic reaction on nov 30th that gave him a heart attack. He was given cpr on the way to the hospital but didn't have a pulse for almost 10'mins. His brain had lots and lots of swelling and he had been in a coma on a ventilator ever since. Friday afternoon he was declared brain dead and early Saturday morning his family donated his organs. Bryson was only 6 years old. Completely healthy and never had allergies before. Rest easy Bryson.

If y'all could do me a favor and watch the news article and send positive thoughts towards his family and to the family's that were lucky enough to revive the gift of his organs. I pray that each of their surgeries were a success.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/6-year-old-football-player-in-coma-after-cardiac-arrest

That is so sad.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Very sad and heartbreaking. It sounds like you have a great community with lots of support for the family.
I'll be sending prayers their way.