Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
My son had his paintball party today and man it looks fun!! I want an adult party there sometime!

I would need all the protective gear though because the welts aren't pretty. My daughter took a few good hits.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My son had his paintball party today and man it looks fun!! I want an adult party there sometime!

I would need all the protective gear though because the welts aren't pretty. My daughter took a few good hits.

Here's a look if you haven't seen it.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1449978514.941263.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1449978546.413973.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
We played that all the time when my boys where younger . It's fun but it hurts . I've had some nasty bruises from paint balls . My buddy and I would paint the back window of each others truck to start a war . It got to be look out the window before walking outside . It sucks to get shot out of the blue .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We played that all the time when my boys where younger . It's fun but it hurts . I've had some nasty bruises from paint balls . My buddy and I would paint the back window of each others truck to start a war . It got to be look out the window before walking outside . It sucks to get shot out of the blue .

Sounds like you had some fun and fond memories!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
We have a new spam scammer selling 30 lbs Aldabra tortoises . hahaha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have a new spam scammer selling 30 lbs Aldabra tortoises . hahaha

It's from Cameroon. They probably also have an ad selling puppies someplace, because if you'll notice, their aldabra tortoises have received their shots, are well trained and play with the children. All they did was change the type of dog to "aldabra".

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good Sunday Morning to all you Forum chatters!!! It's going to be a great day...laundry, wash kitchen floor, wash fingerprints off the walls and doors - did you know that I couldn't find a store anywhere that still sells Spic and Span? That's great for washing walls. So I looked online and the only places listed that sell it are on the east coast. I wonder what happened.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've got a bad case of the lazies today. So far all I've accomplished it to add water, soap and clothes to the washing machine. And there it sits. And here I sit.

But the sun is shining, so maybe if I ever get my act together, I may get something done outside. I still have a bunch of leaves to rake up and put in the Manouria yard for nesting material.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
having plans for the day sounds like a good idea until you realize you have to put on pants and leave the house. Well Society says you have to put on pants but you know me always the contrary

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I just invented a solar power flashlight I'm going to be rich

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
having plans for the day sounds like a good idea until you realize you have to put on pants and leave the house. Well Society says you have to put on pants but you know me always the contrary

Good to know I'm not the only one that hangs around the house naked everyday.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I've been lied to ever since I was a little kid and I would go up into a tall tall building I was always told never to throw pennies off the roof because it was fall and hurt someone. Now I know the awful truth no matter how you throw a penny from it can I gain enough velocity to hurt someone nothing in this crazy world makes sense anymore

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been lied to ever since I was a little kid and I would go up into a tall tall building I was always told never to throw pennies off the roof because it was fall and hurt someone. Now I know the awful truth no matter how you throw a penny from it can I gain enough velocity to hurt someone nothing in this crazy world makes sense anymore

I know, huh? It's enough to make you stop believing in Santa Claus!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's a pair of little Black Phoebes nesting someplace near my house.

black-phoebe.jpg

The male sits in the tree by my front door and cheeps. They're such a neat little bird. And not real afraid of me either. A couple years ago they built a nest under the eaves right above my back door. Their nest is made out of mud and hair. They raised two babies that year. Then the next year she added onto the original nest and laid eggs, but a hawk or some other big bird swooped in and ate the eggs. They never came back to that spot. It was kind of interesting that a bird would have known about the nest because it was up under the eaves with a facia along one side, and pretty invisible from the roof or from the air. The bigger bird must have been watching the female fly to the nest.

Ho Hum.

Guess I'd better go bring up a couple wheelbarrow loads of firewood to the front porch before it rains again.