Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Beautiful day out there today. Brisk, but the sun is shining and no wind, so you warm up quickly if you're moving around at all.

Today's Google Beethoven doodle is a lot of fun. If you're at all musically inclined it should be a piece of cake for you. I was able to put the first one together first try, but the rest of them took me several tries to master. fun stuff.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It was 34 last night but nice and crisp here too! It just hit 60 so I put out all the torts. I think it's been about week. Poor guys.

I haven't had a chance to bake this year, because of the baby. On my days off I'm so busy doing errands and chores I don't get a chance.
I did make one batch of the Sweet Chex party mix with M&M's last Sunday for a few teachers.
I usually bake my blueberry bread to give away. Not going to happen this year:(

Also dealing with a school issue with my son. A couple of girls reported him saying something that had them "concerned."
The counselor doesn't believe there is an issue but we scheduled a meeting.
My son thinks the girls are trying to get him in trouble. Ugh!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I remember school seems like it was yesterday . Girls always got me in trouble . Or I always got them in trouble . The good ole days . I loved tying girls shoes to their desk . You shouldn't fall asleep in class . ha-ha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was 34 last night but nice and crisp here too! It just hit 60 so I put out all the torts. I think it's been about week. Poor guys.

I haven't had a chance to bake this year, because of the baby. On my days off I'm so busy doing errands and chores I don't get a chance.
I did make one batch of the Sweet Chex party mix with M&M's last Sunday for a few teachers.
I usually bake my blueberry bread to give away. Not going to happen this year:(

Also dealing with a school issue with my son. A couple of girls reported him saying something that had them "concerned."
The counselor doesn't believe there is an issue but we scheduled a meeting.
My son thinks the girls are trying to get him in trouble. Ugh!

Girls have been known to do that. I always tried to give my kids the benefit of the doubt. Hope it turns out ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I remember school seems like it was yesterday . Girls always got me in trouble . Or I always got them in trouble . The good ole days . I loved tying girls shoes to their desk . You shouldn't fall asleep in class . ha-ha

Such a brat!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was a lover not a fighter in school.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I wish this was as simple as tying shoes to a desk.
If these girls are making this up, I sure hope they are punished.

M

Maggie Cummings

You have no 'freedom of speech' any more. He probably made the same kind of comment that young boys have been saying to girls for GD centuries, but now it's sexual harassment. That's the biggest load of crap. I sincerely hope that's not what your son is going thru.
I am ALWAYS in trouble with my mouth, because I do some volunteer work with the drunk homeless population, and I relate, so I say "inappropriate things" and got sorta disciplined, but I know the drunk homeless, and if you don't show respect and show you are no better than they , but you are the boss, and you normally do that by talking in a way someone out of line would understand, not my fault it started with f.
I say 'work', but I just help at the food line and give lectures about AA. Gives me something to do, and something to be grateful about. I used to be them. But drunks just come for the food, I doubt any of them listen to me. They'd rather drink then have to get sober and face up to responsibility and reality. But I hand out my AA pamphlets and have my say. Maybe just one person will hear me. That would be enough.
I hope it works out for your son. Those things can be nasty to go thru.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like tonight is the night Sheldon and Amy get in bed together.

And it just occurred to me that Leonard and Leslie Winkle used to be an item on Roseanne.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
All you can do is keep trying Maggie one day it will pay off . If my wife could fix me some what ha-ha . You have a chance to save one soul.

M

Maggie Cummings

All you can do is keep trying Maggie one day it will pay off . If my wife could fix me some what ha-ha . You have a chance to save one soul.

Today I had a toothless stinky lady close to my age, just drunk as could be. And she kept laying in love across my hood. OMG! Zippers, metal pieces, scratchy clothes, and I wanted to scream "get off my car", but I said " I got this IROC for 2 years of sobriety, you could do that too". So she used the f word at me and left. Jeez, some peoples kids haha

I just want them to know they have an option. Sometimes it's not much fun, but it's still better.

M

Maggie Cummings

I would have freaked out on her .
The normal Maggie would have too. My car is 25 yrs old, only once have I allowed anyone to eat in it, never had a cigarette smoked in it, and clothes put little scratches in the paint, but the new, trying to be better Maggie evidently chased her away with threats of sobriety. It worked the same, and I have an electric buffer I use on it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@maggie3fan
No it's not sexual harassment. He's only 11. But I get what your saying.
There is a zero tolerance at our schools so kids these days have to watch out what they say.

Wow, you were definitely strong today when that young lady was on your hood!!
I love the the reverse psychology you used on her instead of going off!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts

And it just occurred to me that Leonard and Leslie Winkle used to be an item on Roseanne.
Wait!? I stopped watching when they split because I was rooting for them and devastated when the relationship ended. They're back together? Should I be watching again!?!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts

And don't forget Sheldons mum was also on Roseanne!!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
You have no 'freedom of speech' any more. He probably made the same kind of comment that young boys have been saying to girls for GD centuries, but now it's sexual harassment. That's the biggest load of crap. I sincerely hope that's not what your son is going thru.
I am ALWAYS in trouble with my mouth, because I do some volunteer work with the drunk homeless population, and I relate, so I say "inappropriate things" and got sorta disciplined, but I know the drunk homeless, and if you don't show respect and show you are no better than they , but you are the boss, and you normally do that by talking in a way someone out of line would understand, not my fault it started with f.
I say 'work', but I just help at the food line and give lectures about AA. Gives me something to do, and something to be grateful about. I used to be them. But drunks just come for the food, I doubt any of them listen to me. They'd rather drink then have to get sober and face up to responsibility and reality. But I hand out my AA pamphlets and have my say. Maybe just one person will hear me. That would be enough.
I hope it works out for your son. Those things can be nasty to go thru.
I'd turned to drinking when my hours were cut at my first job and I was stuck struggling and failing to find a second job. Made a whole lot of mistakes I can say I'm not proud of, and got me into situations I'll unfortunately be haunted by forever. But after a month of completely trashing my life drinking and almost getting kicked out of my house, I decided I could stop if I tried hard enough. So the first day of September started my attempt at Sobriety but inevitably failed, but it wasn't until I went out one night (sept 23rd) and ended up eating sushi with a bunch of the build guys I'd been working with that wee when i realized that was a good story to make as my last drink. The next day I worked one on one with one of the guys and when you work long hours you get personal, well I told him about how I was trying to get/stay sober but it was hard because "everyone" drinks to have fun. And that man (I should probably mention this is the guy I met back in June and is to date the only man I've ever been attracted to) looks at me "I don't drink, it's been 7 years since my last, and I still have fun". Have not drank since and next Wednesday will be 3 months. I'm sure there's at least one person out there who has heard you and headed toward change.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Just popping in to say hello and let y'all know me and Nank are well. I've been working overtime between the 2 jobs still struggling to even begin to pay down my credit card bills. I'm beginning to worry I dug myself in a hole I can't get out of. And I physically can not work any more hours before my body will give up.
We're well, I'm taking good care of Nank and he's making sure to keep me emotionally stable.
Miss you guys!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1450407565.697108.jpg