Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well a trick to pay off credit cards cut all but one up . Pay the one . Use the one you paid to pay the other one . Pay over the minimum . Soon you will have one paid off . Then put more money to the one you charged the one to . It works . I quit drinking for almost 7 years . Then I got a rock in my kidney. The doctor told me to drink a few beers a week . But not to get drunk . Then the wife and I went to the river . My friends had beer I got so drunk I had to use a life jacket and my tube like a kid . Welcome back beer ! But in saying that I know when to stop as long as I'm not on the river .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Well a trick to pay off credit cards cut all but one up . Pay the one . Use the one you paid to pay the other one . Pay over the minimum . Soon you will have one paid off . Then put more money to the one you charged the one to . It works . I quit drinking for almost 7 years . Then I got a rock in my kidney. The doctor told me to drink a few beers a week . But not to get drunk . Then the wife and I went to the river . My friends had beer I got so drunk I had to use a life jacket and my tube like a kid . Welcome back beer ! But in saying that I know when to stop as long as I'm not on the river .
so the river makes you drink?

M

Maggie Cummings

@maggie3fan
No it's not sexual harassment. He's only 11. But I get what your saying.
There is a zero tolerance at our schools so kids these days have to watch out what they say.

Wow, you were definitely strong today when that young lady was on your hood!!
I love the the reverse psychology you used on her instead of going off!

Well, thank you!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

@smarch, 3 months is wonderful! It's freakin hard. I'm 29 yrs sober now, but at 10 yrs I was still miserable and very unhappy. The only thing I did right was I just didn't drink. To get to 3 months is hard and wonderful at the same time. But if you don't mind let me say this, then I will shut up about alcoholism. If you are really an alcoholic, you cannot get and stay sober by yourself. You need the support and help of other alcoholics that understand how you feel and they feel the same way. You drank for a reason, is that reason gone? Don't you need to find out why you drink/drank and fix that? If it's your genes, uh oh, does alcoholism run in your family?
I drank alcoholically for 30 years, drunk 24/7 mostly in blackouts. I could not have gotten sober or stayed sober without the knowledge and support from other alcoholics. My sister made me go to AA. In fact, she drove me to the door then drove off and left me without any transportation and she lives 5 or so miles outside of town! Thank God she did. She saved my life. But I didn't just get sober and life was wonderful. First I fought it, then I made the 'right' kind of friends and went on the 'marijuana maintenance program' and ending up drinking again. It took 3 hard tries to get sober and over 10 dry years before I started to not be so miserable. I believe 100% in the original 12 steps of AA, still try to practice them today. But I didn't work them until I was so miserable at 10 yrs sober I thought real hard about suicide by cop. Then I got a sponsor and really started to change my life. And I did. Sobriety is not for the weak. If anyone has questions about me or AA from here on please PM me. This is kind of a serious subject for a bunch of jokers who come here for fun....:)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm smiling that alone should scare you.... ..

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
after everything I've been through I'm still smiling. not because I'm strong but because I'm crazy, that alone should scare you. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wait!? I stopped watching when they split because I was rooting for them and devastated when the relationship ended. They're back together? Should I be watching again!?!

Yeah, a couple weeks ago Sheldon realized he really like Amy and asked if she'd be his GF again. Last night was her birthday and he chose to spend it with her instead of going to the Star Wars opening.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey all! Gonna' be another nice day here in Central Cal. I have errands to take care of today, so I'm thankful for the nice weather.

M

Maggie Cummings

after everything I've been through I'm still smiling. not because I'm strong but because I'm crazy, that alone should scare you. :)

You've always scared me. ...Does that make you happy what you have done to a diminutive, sensitive and weak old lady, tough guy???

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
You've always scared me. ...Does that make you happy what you have done to a diminutive, sensitive and weak old lady, tough guy???
you may be a lot of things but weak is not one of them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well we still have pouring rain. The Mary's river has gone over the banks, the Willamette river is close and the Columbia is full. The other big one is over it's banks too, but of course I can't remember it's name. My shed is flooded, so most of the stuff on the bottom of the pile is probably wet. I was packing to move to North Carolina, I was hired by an exotic animal sanctuary. So my houshold goods are getting wet darn it. I am working on it but, it's me, and sometimes I get hooked on those murder shows, and nothing gets done but putting a bigger dent in the couch. I love the ID channel. Lots of real life murders.So this morning I HAVE to at least bring the full boxes and put them in the DE Memorial Worship room...
Jeez, I'm lazy.

M

Maggie Cummings

you may be a lot of things but weak is not one of them.

lol! And, well, you don't scare anybody either. Besides, I have just actually been diagnosed to be "unusual and the control part of MY brain is shorting out" . Now I'm really crazy, the DR's say so. You're just making yours up....so I am crazier than you.

But we do laugh a lot because of you...
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah woo hoo!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yeah, a couple weeks ago Sheldon realized he really like Amy and asked if she'd be his GF again. Last night was her birthday and he chose to spend it with her instead of going to the Star Wars opening.

Give up the movie?! Wowsa!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well we still have pouring rain. The Mary's river has gone over the banks, the Willamette river is close and the Columbia is full. The other big one is over it's banks too, but of course I can't remember it's name. My shed is flooded, so most of the stuff on the bottom of the pile is probably wet. I was packing to move to North Carolina, I was hired by an exotic animal sanctuary. So my houshold goods are getting wet darn it. I am working on it but, it's me, and sometimes I get hooked on those murder shows, and nothing gets done but putting a bigger dent in the couch. I love the ID channel. Lots of real life murders.So this morning I HAVE to at least bring the full boxes and put them in the DE Memorial Worship room...
Jeez, I'm lazy.

That sounds like a neat job.