Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Not this time sweetie:(
Family I had to ship gifts to today.
I bought beautiful cards to go with them and don't you know, I left them at home! I'm horrible with cards!

Wasn't the post office awful? I get my mail at the P.O. The parking lot was full. There was a note in my box that they had something for me at the counter. There were two lines - one for the package shipping, stamps, etc. and one to pick up stuff. The pick up stuff line was as long as the sending stuff line. I waited for almost a half hour to get to the window. And instead of the calendar that I was expecting, I received a package from my sister! @maggie3fan sent me a book wrapped with tons of curling ribbon and a few hard candies and - get this, @Momof4 - she included a card!!!!!

Thank you Maggie!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What kind of dog is it? And does it get along ok with your little dust mop?
a little terrier like Toto in The Wizard of Oz and he gets along fine with mine . I will take a picture of him later I'm at dialysis right now

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wasn't the post office awful? I get my mail at the P.O. The parking lot was full. There was a note in my box that they had something for me at the counter. There were two lines - one for the package shipping, stamps, etc. and one to pick up stuff. The pick up stuff line was as long as the sending stuff line. I waited for almost a half hour to get to the window. And instead of the calendar that I was expecting, I received a package from my sister! @maggie3fan sent me a book wrapped with tons of curling ribbon and a few hard candies and - get this, @Momof4 - she included a card!!!!!

Thank you Maggie!!

It was like a normal day! I was shocked! The lady outside helped me and the line inside had 3 people!

Your sister rocks!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Off work time for beer and TFO . Get to chatting people .

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm sitting here waiting for my bacon cheddar cheeseburger and it's been 25 minutes! How long does it take make a cheeseburger? It's not like the place is so crowded either. Anyway, we're gonna see the new movie Star Wars. It's an 8:30 showing and it takes 25 minutes to get there. That gives us about 15 minutes to scoff this burger down. Ugh...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm sitting here waiting for my bacon cheddar cheeseburger and it's been 25 minutes! How long does it take make a cheeseburger? It's not like the place is so crowded either. Anyway, we're gonna see the new movie Star Wars. It's an 8:30 showing and it takes 25 minutes to get there. That gives us about 15 minutes to scoff this burger down. Ugh...

25 minutes is ridiculous!!
Enjoy the movie! I'm waiting a couple of weeks to see it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just back from a delicious sushi dinner and the mall. Ready for bed after I grab my kid from a friends house.
We have a big soccer tournament tomorrow so early to bed for us.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I think the cool kids are at parties tonight, it's so quiet.

M

Maggie Cummings

Anyone who likes Pink Floyd will appreciate this 15yr olds talent!

http://viral.buzz/video-pink-floyds...ear-old-french-guitarist/#.VnRpgz97kH0.mailto
I saw Pink Floyd at the Cow Palace in S.F. on the Dark Side of the Moon tour. Talk about goosebumps!! Well, we weren't talking about goose bumps but.....How many here saw that tour??? Huh??? I saw Ozzie bite the head off a pigeon on his tour, I've see almost everyone, 'cept the Beatles. I saw Elvis when I was 9. I really wanted to see him(I'm talking about the young Elvis) so I went all alone. My seat was horrible. but this girl came up to me and said I was sitting with all her friends and would I change tickets with her. I was only 9 so I did....and her seat was in the second row, and I even got hit with Elvis sweat. Oh my! A memory I cherish

Last edited by a moderator:

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I saw Pink Floyd at the Cow Palace in S.F. on the Dark Side of the Moon tour. Talk about goosebumps!! Well, we weren't talking about goose bumps but.....How many here saw that tour??? Huh??? I saw Ozzie bite the head off a pigeon on his tour, I've see almost everyone, 'cept the Beatles. I saw Elvis when I was 9. I really wanted to see him(I'm talking about the young Elvis) so I went all alone. My seat was horrible. but this girl came up to me and said I was sitting with all her friends and would I change tickets with her. I was only 9 so I did....and her seat was in the second row, and I even got hit with Elvis sweat. Oh my! A memory I cherish
I would have stayed in the second row and saw my friends later. I can't believe she gave up second row tickets

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

That's a great story!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I tried going to sleep around 8:30 but I have been coughing up lungs over here and now sound like a seal!
I just put Vicks on my feet to help.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Did you listen to the girl play?
She also does Van Halen eruption! Not bad for a 16 yr old.

M

Maggie Cummings

That's a great story!!

Don't encourage me...Back when Bill Graham ran the Fillmore West, on Friday nights for $2.50, you'd get 3 acts...To shorten my long tale, this night it was Janis Joplin before she was with Big Brother and the Holding Company. Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks, and Charlie Daniels. Just a little sort of strange, lil Texas girl. Man, she could belt. Now it's early 60's before concerts became what they are. The stage was about 12' square and a foot high plywood. A screen behind the stage with lava lamp stuff flowing; psychedelics were just being discovered. Thanks to Timothy Leary LSD was still legal, smoke was $10 for a '4-finger bag', all of it was Mexican brown with stems and seeds and tasted like old socks. So anyhow, this little girl sits on the edge of the stage during a break. So I go up and say "man does your throat hurt from all that screaming?" (I am such a conversationalist) She said "oh no I have medicine, and hands ME a bottle of Southern Comfort. At that time I was a Jose Cuervo girl but....I took a big chug. Made my darn eyes water, tequila is so much better, smoother. So anyhow, then she handed me a , well you know. And oh boy did we get, well you know. So then the Monterey Jazz Festival, the same one, Jimi Hendrix did The Star Spangled Banner. Anyway, after that both were very popular, and the rock scene was on. Who here without google can name the members of Cream? Anyway, months later she's JANIS JOPLIN with Big Brother and the Holding Company, and that my friends is a memory I will hold for ever. I so wanted to be her. But I can't sing at all, and I think that might limit me...

See, there are some really good things about being so old. I personally had a lot of fun in the times that you could have fun, , unfortunately for me, and probably fortunate for you (boring) most of my fun is not appropriate for TFO...

M

Maggie Cummings

I tried going to sleep around 8:30 but I have been coughing up lungs over here and now sound like a seal!
I just put Vicks on my feet to help.

I mean no disrespect, but I cough from my lungs, so I put Vicks on my chest, maybe feet it not really the way to go??? hahahahahaha:<3:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I got to the movies just in time. I won't ruin it for those who plan to see it, but I'd just like to say, MAN, are these characters OLD...I mean, Star Wars was in my generation, but I can tell you, I don't look that old by any stretch of the imagination! Couldn't Carrie Fisher get Botox done? And, Harrison Ford... well, what can I say?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
o_Oo_Oo_O
I mean no disrespect, but I cough from my lungs, so I put Vicks on my chest, maybe feet it not really the way to go??? hahahahahaha:<3:

That's just what I was thinking, LOL I gave Kathy the benefit of the doubt and said, "well, the head and feet are places where the body loses heat the fastest; so, maybe that's the way to get to a cold?"