Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Last night, as I arrived to join my two daughters for a little girls' night, my oldest daughter came out to show me her ring. She is now engaged.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I saw Pink Floyd at the Cow Palace in S.F. on the Dark Side of the Moon tour. Talk about goosebumps!! Well, we weren't talking about goose bumps but.....How many here saw that tour??? Huh??? I saw Ozzie bite the head off a pigeon on his tour, I've see almost everyone, 'cept the Beatles. I saw Elvis when I was 9. I really wanted to see him(I'm talking about the young Elvis) so I went all alone. My seat was horrible. but this girl came up to me and said I was sitting with all her friends and would I change tickets with her. I was only 9 so I did....and her seat was in the second row, and I even got hit with Elvis sweat. Oh my! A memory I cherish

(Note to all readers: Maggie and I lived right across the street from the Cow Palace in San Francisco. It's not like this poor 9 year old girl had to ride the bus and wade through muggers and bums to get there. Even so, Maggie - 9 years old? What were you thinking? But way back then it was different times. Not nearly so many scary things to worry about.)

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I tried going to sleep around 8:30 but I have been coughing up lungs over here and now sound like a seal!
I just put Vicks on my feet to help.

You breathe through your feet? :eek:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last night, as I arrived to join my two daughters for a little girls' night, my oldest daughter came out to show me her ring. She is now engaged.

Oh my! Did you have any idea?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, a good, good morning to all of you! Happy Saturday. We're supposed to get rain today, so it was not cold out there at all when Misty and I went out to take care of her constitutional.

I need to buy gas for my Weedeater, but since it's going to rain, I guess I'll wait a day or two.

Maggie sent me the latest Stephanie Plum book and I started that yesterday. I really like the way Janet Evanovich writes.

Maybe I'll tidy up the house a bit before I sit down to read.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I turned off the computer, made my bed, got dressed and brushed my teeth and during that time the sun went away and it rained. I guess it's housework afterall.

Are all of you chatters out Christmas shopping? Where the heck is everyone?

What's it like over in China, Steven @bouaboua ?

M

Maggie Cummings

(Note to all readers: Maggie and I lived right across the street from the Cow Palace in San Francisco. It's not like this poor 9 year old girl had to ride the bus and wade through muggers and bums to get there. Even so, Maggie - 9 years old? What were you thinking? But way back then it was different times. Not nearly so many scary things to worry about.)

Sorry, I saw Elvis at the Civic Auditorium downtown SF. Remember, I was a San Francisco girl. I took 2 city buses to get to school from kindergarten, and the bus was only 15 cents. I took 3 city buses to see Elvis. Also remember that was in 1954. A totally different time. I took buses all over the city, alone. Without fear, not much media so we didn't know about so much bad stuff. It all must have happened then too, but TV was new and media was not then what it is now. In those days....no one would hurt a little girl, (sic) so my parents let me go wherever I wanted. Dad certainly wasn't going to drive me anywhere, never did. So I took the bus a lot. Probably how I discovered drugs and changed my life.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well all you chatters must be off shopping, and you're not keeping me entertained here, so I guess I'll have to go do something. Ugh.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well all you chatters must be off shopping, and you're not keeping me entertained here, so I guess I'll have to go do something. Ugh.

Shoot, if my ramblings are gonna chase you away that easily...:p raspberries to you. But I get the hint.

Sorry people

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I've been on from time to time, made some chit chat, but only Kathy ever responds. I get an occasional "hi," but it seems like I kill chat every time I get on. I think I, too, will do other things.

Btw, congrats to your daughter, Jacqui. Are they planning a wedding next year? I missed chatting with certain ones, but I never hear from them anymore. :(

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sorry, I saw Elvis at the Civic Auditorium downtown SF. Remember, I was a San Francisco girl. I took 2 city buses to get to school from kindergarten, and the bus was only 15 cents. I took 3 city buses to see Elvis. Also remember that was in 1954. A totally different time. I took buses all over the city, alone. Without fear, not much media so we didn't know about so much bad stuff. It all must have happened then too, but TV was new and media was not then what it is now. In those days....no one would hurt a little girl, (sic) so my parents let me go wherever I wanted. Dad certainly wasn't going to drive me anywhere, never did. So I took the bus a lot. Probably how I discovered drugs and changed my life.
I may misspell a lot of these words . But I disagree with part of this : times where different , TV shows where different the good guys wore white and always won , TV comer caps showed mothers at home taking care of the kids and the house .
But now we have Vidio games that the bad guys are rich and winning by shooting the police ! The TV shows show broken married people , and people doing stupid things . Some for money and some for FREE !
This is what has changed ! I' m sorry this is Christmas and we should talk about happier things !

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm just sitting on a soccer field waiting for game two. We tied our first 2-2.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm hopping in the spa for a minute and I'll be back.
I hope more of you kids are on chatting!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Shoot, if my ramblings are gonna chase you away that easily...:p raspberries to you. But I get the hint.

Sorry people

Speaking for myself, it is not you. My signal in the house is weak, too cold for swing time, so I wait til I come into the city to work to do much coming online.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, I've been on from time to time, made some chit chat, but only Kathy ever responds. I get an occasional "hi," but it seems like I kill chat every time I get on. I think I, too, will do other things.

Btw, congrats to your daughter, Jacqui. Are they planning a wedding next year? I missed chatting with certain ones, but I never hear from them anymore. :(

Sept 24th I believe.