Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Just made an appt for the Dr. I have shortness of breath and can't stop coughing. I can't take in breaths:(

Kathy! No no being sick, especially at Christmas. Hope the Dr has a magic cure for you.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No, I'll be ok. It's been like this for a few days.
It would be just my luck that after I make an appt. all my symptoms go away! It never fails. I have until 2pm tomorrow:)

Fingers crossed that it happens like that.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello Yvonne:

The city where I work, ShenZhen. Last Sunday at noon, was a huge mudslide. All the earth that dugged out no-matter from the subways that under construction or what ever other constructions, was illegally dumped in a area and become a hill over 100 meter. this mud "mountain" finally gave away.

So far, 76 people are missing, 20 plus factory building and other structures are under 30 to 50 feet of earth.

This is a manmade disaster, I don't know what to say!

I'm coming home tomorrow.

That is horrible (not the part of you coming home)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was this close to getting to have breakfast with Jeff this morning. Then they switch runs so his student can get home. *pout pout*

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I do appreciate the folks who keep their holiday lights on all night long so I can enjoy them.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Any of you have lights or decorations outside? On my way into the city, there is this cute blow up dinosaur that I do love.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Having a cranberry bagel for breakfast. Already see we have lines going at our checkouts. Will be another fun nonstop cashiering day today.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning!!
We have so much rain!! Yippie!!
We are so used to 80* around Xmas you don't even want to put the oven on! They are talking rain and snow Friday but the snow will be just east of us!
You guys are so sweet but I don't think I have pneumonia David. It just feels like and elephant sitting on my chest. I'm guessing URI.
I'll be fine until this afternoon. I have the baby this morning but only half day and my kids are home to help me.
We are hosting Xmas so I need to clean.
What's everyone else doing this week? I'm guessing a short work week for most.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just made an appt for the Dr. I have shortness of breath and can't stop coughing. I can't take in breaths:(

Man...it sounds like you really have it bad. Hope you feel better soon.

That's terrible about the mud slide. How could they (the construction people) get away with that illegal dumping?

Good news about you coming home! Does Irene have all the Christmas decorations up, or does she save that job for you?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes indeed short work week . Four day weekend ! Hopefully the weather is nice so I can escape the family and ride my bike .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good Morning everyone!

I do appreciate the folks who keep their holiday lights on all night long so I can enjoy them.

I think my neighbor across the street has his on a timer. They come on just before dusk and go off about 7a. You're right, it's nice having them on into the night. I have to take Misty out at least once, but sometimes twice during the night and it's just uplifting to see those light shining through the backyard fence.

Any of you have lights or decorations outside? On my way into the city, there is this cute blow up dinosaur that I do love.

Since all my kids are moved away and no grandkids in my town, there doesn't seem to be any reason to decorate anymore. I don't mean for it to sound sad or anything, but holidays are just normal days here. And really, it's no big deal to me. I can live without them.

Having a cranberry bagel for breakfast. Already see we have lines going at our checkouts. Will be another fun nonstop cashiering day today.

Yes! Thank goodness for that extra $$ coming in. Do you have to work Christmas or Christmas Eve?

Whatcha doing today Yvonne?

I went and got gas for the WeedEater yesterday and I had planned on knocking down the tall grass in the tortoise yards, but it rained all night (and is still raining), so that's off the table. I really don't have any other plans. My wood is wet, so I'm having trouble getting a fire started. So after computer time, I'll be messing with that to get it going. How about you?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hello Yvonne:

The city where I work, ShenZhen. Last Sunday at noon, was a huge mudslide. All the earth that dugged out no-matter from the subways that under construction or what ever other constructions, was illegally dumped in a area and become a hill over 100 meter. this mud "mountain" finally gave away.

So far, 76 people are missing, 20 plus factory building and other structures are under 30 to 50 feet of earth.

This is a manmade disaster, I don't know what to say!

We saw that slide on the news! My husband goes to factories in Shenzhen! It was horrible:(
Have a safe trip home.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's crazy hopefully no body dies from the slide .