Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
It is so quiet!
We have a sick kid with type B flu and has 102 temp!
Had to cancel our vacation this week .
Cleaned the garage instead and got my car back in the garage! Yay!!

Just drinking a hot tottie and watching the Grammy's.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm just sitting around in a pile of pillows in the coolest lounge pants ever (BB-8), waiting on my husband to come downstairs so we can watch last nights TWD.
Here are my awesome lazy pants.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1455596446.093557.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1455596458.393484.jpg

Today my son turned 15.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1455596520.668395.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It is so quiet!
We have a sick kid with type B flu and has 102 temp!
Had to cancel our vacation this week .
Cleaned the garage instead and got my car back in the garage! Yay!!

Just drinking a hot tottie and watching the Grammy's.

What is type B?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yesterday was a beautiful morning. As I walked the dogs, I was wishin' Yvonne could be there with me. The stars were out and it was above 32. This morning it was still "warm", but cloudy and very windy.

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kinda beat seeing all the flocks of geese flying over. Love hearing them in the dark hours and trying to figure exactly where they are.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am not a morning person. I don't know what I did to deserve the nightmare that woke me up at 5:00am, but here I am, wide awake under a pile of blankets on my beanbag chair.

What am I doing with these extra 4 hours before my alarm? Making coffee, doing yoga and relaxing to watch the sunrise? No.

Instead I woke up and started researching how my boyfriend can get assistance or a reduction in child support. If you would have asked me a year ago if I ever thought I would have been dealing with child support issues I would have laughed in your face. I don't have kids and I won't be having any of my own. I love his boys though, they are great.

Alas, apparently, when you love someone with anxiety, depression and autism who has been unable to maintain steady work for months and who panics when having to deal with a really nasty ex wife this is what you do in the peaceful wee hours of the morning.

The kids need support and he wants to give it, but we can't quite figure out how to pull an extra $700 out of thin air on the income of two self employed people. Getting the payment amount adjusted hasn't been easy either. Tracking down a case manager is damn near impossible, as is getting the ex into a mediation meeting. Grr.

You are all the lucky recipients of this rant because I certainly can't share it on Facebook. Too many prying eyes, drama llamas and gossip mongers.

*Hops off soapbox*

Is it too early for some Irish coffee?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
He is making significantly less now than when they divorced two years ago. It's a silly situation. He was primarily a stay at home dad when they were together so he was raising the kids, doing all the house work and being supportive of her career. (They were together 15 years, married w/kids for 8). Then they parted ways, mostly amicably based on the fact that people and interests changed and they couldn't cohabitate in a healthy manner.

Because he left her the house and all of the contents he had to bust his *** to get by so they based his child support payments on the income from the year he was separated from her but not divorced. Since then his mechanic business has changed radically and there has been no adjustment to account for the fact that he doesn't have the resources he had at that time (he had to move out of his shop and he just wasn't cut out to run a business because he doesn't have the best handle on his mental health issues).

Now as it stands he is a very supportive partner for me, but he isn't able to contribute financially. His kids are priority #1, but since the state of Oregon mandates everything about child support and doesn't allow for the parents to make any sort of arrangements or agreements without a mediator and a new parenting order it's become a real headache.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne you doing better?

I was at death's door yesterday, but today it has gone as quickly as it arrived. At first I thought it was associated with passing stone chunks, but later in the day I realized it must be flu. I'm fine today.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
All of the people involved and official channels and hoops he has to jump through have him acting like a kid hiding under a blanket from a monster, hoping it will go away while the situation continues to deteriorate. Some people, despite medication and counseling just don't take stress well.
The 'good' news is that I too have anxiety disorder so I understand his feelings, but I am better able to handle his issues because they aren't causing ME to have crippling anxiety.