Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Everyone! If the sun shines today I'm going to give the Weed eater another shot. Then I'm going to call around and see which lumber yards sell corral boards. I've got to get that box turtle fence replaced.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was at death's door yesterday, but today it has gone as quickly as it arrived. At first I thought it was associated with passing stone chunks, but later in the day I realized it must be flu. I'm fine today.

Glad it passed so quickly. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have had a cough for a couple of weeks now. I warned Jeff to stay away and he didn't listen. Guess who is sick now. :( He says it was worth it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He is making significantly less now than when they divorced two years ago. It's a silly situation. He was primarily a stay at home dad when they were together so he was raising the kids, doing all the house work and being supportive of her career. (They were together 15 years, married w/kids for 8). Then they parted ways, mostly amicably based on the fact that people and interests changed and they couldn't cohabitate in a healthy manner.

Because he left her the house and all of the contents he had to bust his *** to get by so they based his child support payments on the income from the year he was separated from her but not divorced. Since then his mechanic business has changed radically and there has been no adjustment to account for the fact that he doesn't have the resources he had at that time (he had to move out of his shop and he just wasn't cut out to run a business because he doesn't have the best handle on his mental health issues).

Now as it stands he is a very supportive partner for me, but he isn't able to contribute financially. His kids are priority #1, but since the state of Oregon mandates everything about child support and doesn't allow for the parents to make any sort of arrangements or agreements without a mediator and a new parenting order it's become a real headache.

How many kids and how old?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What is type B?

Type B is just one of the flu strains. A & B are worse than C. He was prescribed Tamiflu which cost us a whopping $260! In his 12 yrs I have never seen him this sick! He won't eat and sleeps a lot! His fever this morning dropped to 100 so that's good.
We were going to spend a few days in LA and visit Universal Studios.
Thank goodness my kids have this week off so he can rest.
I may take my daughter to Disneyland tomorrow . She was kinda bummed she's stuck at home cleaning the garage and doing chores on her break.

I forgot to add that I opted out of flu shots this season and my husband was against it. The Dr kinda scolded us yesterday.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I was at death's door yesterday, but today it has gone as quickly as it arrived. At first I thought it was associated with passing stone chunks, but later in the day I realized it must be flu. I'm fine today.

Glad you're feeling better!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
@Jacqui - He has 3 boys. 2, 4, and 9. I'm not sure if they have an increased rate for his oldest since he is autistic, but he doesn't receive any extra care at an extra expense.
They area ton of fun, they love the tortoises.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Type B is just one of the flu strains. A & B are worse than C. He was prescribed Tamiflu which cost us a whopping $260! In his 12 yrs I have never seen him this sick! He won't eat and sleeps a lot! His fever this morning dropped to 100 so that's good.
We were going to spend a few days in LA and visit Universal Studios.
Thank goodness my kids have this week off so he can rest.
I may take my daughter to Disneyland tomorrow . She was kinda bummed she's stuck at home cleaning the garage and doing chores on her break.

I forgot to add that I opted out of flu shots this season and my husband was against it. The Dr kinda scolded us yesterday.

Sorry he is so sick. The thing with the flu shots is no guarantee they will choose the right ones to use. Jeff and I have only gotten really sick the years we took flu shots, so we stopped. This cough is the worse thing I have had since.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm just not the kind of person who can sit around and do nothing. I'm so bored, and I don't feel like reading. I put the Weed Eater in the sun early this a.m. then went out there to start it about 10a. It started right up on the second pull. Yippee! So I'm working along the front of the tortoise fences and I get about 25' done when I run out of line. After I figure out how to get the head off, and wrap new line on now it won't start again. Dang it! It's a beautiful day, so I took some pictures. This is a flowering pear tree. An awesomely beautiful tree, but it stinks to high heaven:

pear tree a.jpg

This is (I think) a volunteer almond tree. It's coming up in the middle of a shrub out front of my property. Not quite as pretty as the pear, but it lets us know Spring is coming:

pear tree b.jpg

The almond orchard across the street is just starting to bloom:

pear tree c.jpg

This is my favorite cat, Spencer. She's the feral cat that had her kittens in the field across the street. I captured all of them and took the kittens to the animal shelter. Spencer loves me, and I love her! She's the first cat I see when I go outside, and she follows me around whatever I'm doing:

Spencer a.jpg spencer b.jpg

And this is my faithful companion, Misty. Dang, I love this dog!

misty a.jpg

misty b.jpg

Last edited:

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Just popping in to say I'm well, getting ready to give my 2-weeks at the office tomorrow.
Didn't have time to catch up on the many pages of chat I missed, hope everyone's well and had a good Valentine's Day. I miss y'all!