10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Yvonne:)
It's going good out here.
The torts are getting big. They are really enjoying the warm weather
How are you?

I'm doing pretty good....a little tired and achey, but getting better everyday. All the animals are fine and trying to adjust to my sporadic schedule. If I'm not feeling up to snuff, I just leave them locked inside their sheds, no lights. Poor things. But they'll survive. The Aldabran tortoises have learned how to open their own door, so at least the giants get out on my bad (read - lazy) days.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I got the tortoise food all washed and divvy'd up and now I don't feel like going outside and distributing it. There's no sun and it's ugly and dreary out there. But I guess I gotta force myself.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Couple sulcata will do the work in a week. No one drop them to you lately??

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Your yards are so big.. And you're grass grow like this..
I have a small garden and in the winter our grass freeze and in the summer it's most of the time to dry for growing.. That's Problems :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your yards are so big.. And you're grass grow like this..
I have a small garden and in the winter our grass freeze and in the summer it's most of the time to dry for growing.. That's Problems :D

This is actually a type of winter grass. Once it starts to get hot it dies back.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
this isn't good naked

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So cloudy today for some reason I can always count on Yvonne's morning weather for my afternoon weather

Is Grand Terrace north of Clovis? Never mind...I just Googled it. I guess this weather pattern is moving south.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since I've been poorly, I've lost about 15lbs. But now that I'm feeling better, my brain doesn't want me to weigh this amount. I have such a craving to eat. I started thinking about KFC early yesterday and could hardly wait until they opened today. I ate every bite and was already thinking about Long John Silver's for tomorrow. I don't want to add those lost pounds back on, but I can't turn off my brain.

I adopted out two more box turtles today. The guy built a really nice temporary box in the garage for until the weather warms up, and such a nice outdoor habitat. I should have taken my camera with me. He did such a nice job making it look natural. And it's huge!