Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Most excellent indeed!
The last few years I've gotten these at Christmas View attachment 165372
I have the same ones!!! And my sister has pickle ones! I'm realizing now I've never had a cut good enough to use one on in the years I've had them... I'll have to remember that next time clumsy me gets a band aid needing cut in a visible place!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I did it. Today I gave my 2 weeks at the office (yup, to my dad... Awkward), so hopefully having time again and not working 48 hour weeks I'll be around here more. I expected relief and a little fear, but I still have no idea how I feel, all I know is I handed in my formal letter of resignation before lunch then went to my car to go to the gym for my lunch workout and completely lost it, I cried so violently I almost threw up in my car while driving. It's quite scary seeing as I've worked there since 2011 when I was still in high school and when I walk out those doors for the last time on the 29th I'll never be able to go back, nothing will ever be the same.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Since I've been poorly, I've lost about 15lbs. But now that I'm feeling better, my brain doesn't want me to weigh this amount. I have such a craving to eat. I started thinking about KFC early yesterday and could hardly wait until they opened today. I ate every bite and was already thinking about Long John Silver's for tomorrow. I don't want to add those lost pounds back on, but I can't turn off my brain.

I adopted out two more box turtles today. The guy built a really nice temporary box in the garage for until the weather warms up, and such a nice outdoor habitat. I should have taken my camera with me. He did such a nice job making it look natural. And it's huge!
Mmmmm now I'm laying in bed with my stomach wanting Taco Bell since you get KFC in my mind!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I did it. Today I gave my 2 weeks at the office (yup, to my dad... Awkward), so hopefully having time again and not working 48 hour weeks I'll be around here more. I expected relief and a little fear, but I still have no idea how I feel, all I know is I handed in my formal letter of resignation before lunch then went to my car to go to the gym for my lunch workout and completely lost it, I cried so violently I almost threw up in my car while driving. It's quite scary seeing as I've worked there since 2011 when I was still in high school and when I walk out those doors for the last time on the 29th I'll never be able to go back, nothing will ever be the same.

Why did you decide to quit working there?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mmmmm now I'm laying in bed with my stomach wanting Taco Bell since you get KFC in my mind!

M-m-m-m...I love me some Nachos Bell Grande. Or a nice enchirito with green sauce (have to ask for it, not on the menu). or a Burrito Supreme with green sauce, extra sour cream and a side of pintos and cheese (no red sauce). But then I love those darned crispy taco supremes! No - No...I'm going to Long John Silver's

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, time to go watch Laramie and dream about Slim and Jess in their snug jeans!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I literally had to go hunt this down, since apparently in my absence when I come back the only thing I noticed was there was an absence of "hey" I'm the recent chat. I was worried for a bit, but realize school and life and all sorts of stuff keeps people busy... Just like I've been busy. Hope all is going well in your world. Still in PA? If so, enjoying your nice northeast winter up here? All the torts doing well?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Why did you decide to quit working there?
I had my hours cut to 16 a week back in July and they never gave them back to me, which is why I found the job at the gym. I never thought I'd actually like the gym as much as I do in the just under 4 months I've been at it, but I do, and want to move up in Planet Fitness. I found out some higher up people to me see a whole lot of potential in me to move up and I've been told by my current assistant manager that the best way to get there is to pick up all the shifts needing coverage I can... Which I've been doing, which leads to a whole lot of double shifts. I've been working so many hours I've literally been working, working out, showering, eating and sleeping. It's not been a sustainable life, in fact things were starting to feel similar to the situations that lead to me ending up with Franklin in my life, so it was time to cut the job I knew I had no future in loose.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
M-m-m-m...I love me some Nachos Bell Grande. Or a nice enchirito with green sauce (have to ask for it, not on the menu). or a Burrito Supreme with green sauce, extra sour cream and a side of pintos and cheese (no red sauce). But then I love those darned crispy taco supremes! No - No...I'm going to Long John Silver's
I used to live for the beefy 5 layer burrio but lately when I get one as a treat there's far too much bean paste compared to meat so I guess they ruined those, I even tried different taco bells! Mmmm crispy taco supreme has me now!!! Gosh darn my healthy life keeping me away from these things (don't want to be doing squats and have an accident!!) but the weight lifting at the level I'm doing it makes me want to eat everything in sight... I need to get whey protein again!
Make tacos the day after Long John Silvers! All the fast foods!
I've never been to long john silvers, I don't think we have any close up here (that's like the nearest sonic is over an hour away... But we did just get a Popeyes right in Worcester).

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I had my hours cut to 16 a week back in July and they never gave them back to me, which is why I found the job at the gym. I never thought I'd actually like the gym as much as I do in the just under 4 months I've been at it, but I do, and want to move up in Planet Fitness. I found out some higher up people to me see a whole lot of potential in me to move up and I've been told by my current assistant manager that the best way to get there is to pick up all the shifts needing coverage I can... Which I've been doing, which leads to a whole lot of double shifts. I've been working so many hours I've literally been working, working out, showering, eating and sleeping. It's not been a sustainable life, in fact things were starting to feel similar to the situations that lead to me ending up with Franklin in my life, so it was time to cut the job I knew I had no future in loose.
Wait, you worked for your dad, and they cut your hours to 16 a week and never gave them back. Is that the job you cried over? Or is it the gym job that promised you to move up fast, but just run you ragged?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We had sun just long enough today to take Ruby out for a walk and I managed to sell my Subaru with the blown engine. If I didn't have to pay $400 to get the HVAC system running on a house that I have yet to close on it would have been a great day.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We had sun just long enough today to take Ruby out for a walk and I managed to sell my Subaru with the blown engine. If I didn't have to pay $400 to get the HVAC system running on a house that I have yet to close on it would have been a great day.

HVAC?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning, everyone!

We've had a couple of weeks of beautiful weather, and starting today it's supposed to cool off and maybe rain by tonight.

I've been craving someone else's cooking. I especially want mashed potatoes and gravy. At first I thought I'd go to Long John Silver's, but then I thought of the Colonel. So today I'm going to KFC and getting a two piece, dark meat, regular recipe meal with a side of coleslaw. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the fish.

Mom and Tuesday nights I picked up chicken pot pies from there. Only $2.99 and pretty good.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No, the taco bell right down the street used to also carry Long John Silver's food, but not anymore. I'm glad, because who wants a taco that smells like it was cooked in fish grease.

No fish tacos?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I think now that you people are understanding my struggles.