A Land Far Away...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think I'm going to forego my trip into town to run errands and work some more on the box turtle fence. I was lucky last evening in that someone dropped by to show their grandkids the tortoises and when we went over to the box turtle area I found one of my very young Florida box turtles had escaped. I put him back then looked around for the rest of them and I THINK I'm missing one. I've got to get this finished before they're all gone!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think I'm going to forego my trip into town to run errands and work some more on the box turtle fence. I was lucky last evening in that someone dropped by to show their grandkids the tortoises and when we went over to the box turtle area I found one of my very young Florida box turtles had escaped. I put him back then looked around for the rest of them and I THINK I'm missing one. I've got to get this finished before they're all gone!

Here's to good and quick building today.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Steven are you in Texas yet?
Not yet! ! !

Fly out from San Francisco 6:00 AM. My younger daughter will come pick us up at 4:00 AM. :confused::confused:. Put my children in a good use. Cab will cost me $120.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I just got done with a 30 minute round of non-consensual hide and seek with Vern. Turns out he CAN make it down the steps at the back of the house when I foolishly leave the door AND the gate open. He's fine, but I yelled at him for the 'hiding' portion since he usually comes running when I'm screaming threats at him. He was hiding behind a pile of tires that he's never shown interest in before, go figure.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not yet! ! !

Fly out from San Francisco 6:00 AM. My younger daughter will come pick us up at 4:00 AM. :confused::confused:. Put my children in a good use. Cab will cost me $120.

Wow! How far would the cab ride be?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...wonder how Yvonne's fence is coming....

The perimeter is all finished! The last several sections came together nicely and I was able to finish by 11:30a. Then I fed Misty and went into town to run errands. I have lots (LOTS) of clean up to tend to, but while I was in town I bought several little colorful plants to give some color to the box turtle area after clean-up. I'll be taking pictures of the finished area probably tomorrow afternoon or maybe Sunday. The clean-up is a pretty big, messy job.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! How far would the cab ride be?

35 miles

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,kZUeP1ahgDOuNQfZrNKc-wnNr23JcmMiJVr56J3pyeeRHWlQ3muG1db9Pf6__VzagWeALMhaJGOUUBohYzqAxnK7lrfU5J_00hX1oGNV09DwFhQ0C9y0F-Zg2WOGv6JO_AIyisrN_92lIDvJUPNGXVQ,7UusmEvvGs3_vPUb3sj7mFG-WYT8itTypt0gQo_40DJRVBJe1qWlBPkvbk_dOoeO96su02qoEmcpaOd1WYbBltSRSVBDAkx1b8qLj_9UwIFjcictvGKC2nDEU-a52JBXfYfxh3Up20FGhuzQOQak4LfnKJtvO4SnqvH4wmjtRLog_GKjJQG9efPd4XZbqu75o72h2WGOxdoTrD8lukDxv7ip39NfgMkVmIV_FhQwiqmFzV4--DjHuOI5KyjzCzZaFsTRyiuFY7yHG4807eZ5w2j2uShKtAIql89Vazvd2pOpFulDGH5M2BeSrJP8eMRQoNL3QNwcDdVvN1p-mqXQ87LtJXaxFV-uG_grFRaVLWxphNM-o1I2KNWciD8h196OeI-yr_1byuEo_YHeKtjxve8_4koSHCNi