Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

I made the best ham. Had it yesterday and today. 3 helpings today. Yum!
Looks like I'm about to gain back the 15 pounds I just lost. Looks like my size 2 skinny jeans are going the way of my size 12's......crud. I like skinny jeans.....

M

Maggie Cummings

I forgot to say I am offically flooded. I have to almost swim to go feed the tort in the tort shed. I'd bring him in, but he's such a horrible animal. I'd rather swim.....all my tort pens are flooded. Bob's carapace is sticking out of the mud. What the heck do I do about that?????
Bob's way of reminding me Christmas was his favorite season? Freakin sad. Very sad, miserable. BUT, what do I do about it?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I forgot to say I am offically flooded. I have to almost swim to go feed the tort in the tort shed. I'd bring him in, but he's such a horrible animal. I'd rather swim.....all my tort pens are flooded. Bob's carapace is sticking out of the mud. What the heck do I do about that?????
Bob's way of reminding me Christmas was his favorite season? Freakin sad. Very sad, miserable. BUT, what do I do about it?

Just be glad it is rain, not ice or snow.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I made the best ham. Had it yesterday and today. 3 helpings today. Yum!
Looks like I'm about to gain back the 15 pounds I just lost. Looks like my size 2 skinny jeans are going the way of my size 12's......crud. I like skinny jeans.....

I love ham.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not that anybody cares but, I had a Wednesday Thankgiving dinner with my freinds up the street and we took it all over to her Father, who is 63 years old and 117 days clean and sober. He got his fist apt after living on the street for some 30 years. It was also his birthday, so I made an apple pie for dinner and his favorite brownies for his birthday. We laughed a lot, the turkey was the best I've ever had and the rest was pretty sucky.
Yesterday I made (yup, I cooked) a brown sugar glazed ham, candied yams, mashed taters, Hawaiian rolls Mt Dew and cheescake. More food than I've eaten in a year, all together! So I have a bunch of leftovers, my food was excellant, (I forgot I used to be a pretty good cook).
My plan yesterday was to do an extra special good housecleaning, cause I felt so good (unusual). But I turned on the TV for noise, this was at 10 am. And I became my sister as I didn't get off the couch until evening, I watched a John Wayne marathon all freaking day. So today is housecleaning I guess. I don't feel like doing it now......:) Maybe I can find a Sam Elliott marathon, but I'll probably have to wathch my own San Elliott movies......oh, look at this, it is me 100%

14264106_1259551827429209_4607512260585648463_n.jpg

Sounds like you had a great holiday.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It makes the breast meat super moist and extra tasty. We tried it last year and loved it so much we repeated this year. I normally only like dark meat, but with the bacon I'll eat the white meat too.

I like the white meat.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm bummed that I didn't get turkey. I had Dungeoness crab and it was yummy, but it's not the same.

I agree. There is like a mental taste bud requirement for turkey on Thanksgiving.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A week ago, I happened to notice this on my fence. It's a clematis bud! Normally, I only see these in the late spring. We have had some days in the 20s since then, but the bud is still holding on. No blooming yet.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
20161118_105222.jpg
The picture for the last post's comments. Please excuse my working mess in the background.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh no! Flooding is not good :( Fingers crossed that things dry up quickly Maggie.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
A week ago, I happened to notice this on my fence. It's a clematis bud! Normally, I only see these in the late spring. We have had some days in the 20s since then, but the bud is still holding on. No blooming yet.
View attachment 193132
The picture for the last post's comments. Please excuse my working mess in the background.
Wow! That is unusual. It must be warmer where you are. (Which state are you in Jacqui?)

The Clematis in my garden are all well over flowering. They're starting to look pretty tatty now we've had a couple of frosts

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nebraska. Mine normally pretty much disappear during summer's heat and then reappear in spring. We have had frosts and freezes already. Plus this is on the north side of the house, so very limited sunshine.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Nebraska. Mine normally pretty much disappear during summer's heat and then reappear in spring. We have had frosts and freezes already. Plus this is on the north side of the house, so very limited sunshine.
* Quick Google *

Ooh. Right in the middle :)