Pretend Chat 2.14

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Just got back from visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday. Preparing the redfoots for winter, and worked on their enclosure some.

2 more weeks left in this semester. Can't wait for it to be over.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Don't wish your life away. Too soon you get to be an old person with no ambition. Enjoy it while you can. You're in Texas, right? What kind of winter weather do you usually have?

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Don't wish your life away. Too soon you get to be an old person with no ambition. Enjoy it while you can. You're in Texas, right? What kind of winter weather do you usually have?

Well, I'm starting a new program for college, so I'm ready to move on from the old.

And yes, I'm in central Texas. Weather is usually warm from March to November. Warm enough for the tortoises to be in their pen. I call it "tortoise weather". Sometimes winter comes early, or leaves late, but not often. I brought them in last week as its started to get cold. We had a freeze too, so I dug up the bananas and brought them in with the torts lol.

I finally started the 2nd fountain in their pen though. Been putting that off for years.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
I'm not familiar with the Lexis. Is it sort of a luxury car? What color did she get? 2-door? 4-door? Fancy wheels? Come on, Steven, give us the scoop.
I'm not a Lexus guy also.

She got a, I think it is entry level, IS 200 Turbo, F Sport package 4 door sedan.

Here is the color. And she selected dark gray, almost like black interior.

fullsizeoutput_15b.jpeg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
She drove a "hand me down" 2005 Toyota, Corolla since 2010. She come up with the down pay. On her own credit score. I'm proud of her. She is a very cautious person, So I know she will take a good care of herself and her new car. And she got insurance up to her teeth..........I'm happy for her! ! !

theguy67

10 Year Member!
She drove a "hand me down" 2005 Toyota, Corolla since 2010. She come up with the down pay. On her own credit score. I'm proud of her. She is a very cautious person, So I know she will take a good care of herself and her new car. And she got insurance up to her teeth..........I'm happy for her! ! !
Awesome. Always good to be cautious...I'm actually looking for a car myself. Checking out craigslist as we speak.

M

Maggie Cummings

Yes Y, It can be a serious luxury car, or an almost sports car. Very expensive and very nice. Why didn't we have a family like that.? I am looking for an old ('60's) VW bug or Corvair. My IROC is so old I still have manual windows and no cupholders. I don't want a new car, but I do want a different one. 1 more ticket and I lose my license for a year. Not that I would stop driving, but would rather have a license. But I won't stop driving without one. I just don't care.

M

Maggie Cummings

But Steven, I also had "insurance up to my teeth" and they still accused me of trying to scam them, and refused to fix all the damage to my car. I've NEVER had an accident in that car, but they said I'd been in 3 accidents. So as soon as I put together $128 I'm taking them to small Claims Court for $9999.00. I got hit by a drunk Californian in a rental car who ran a red light without any insurance. And State Farm just bent me over without lubrication. My car is hurt and I will fight them, Budget Rental, State Farm and Anthony Muhommed, until I simply can't anymore. I am more than mad. I figured out I have paid State Farm over $300000.00 (3 hundred thousand)and never had a claim and they are screwing me like this?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes Y, It can be a serious luxury car, or an almost sports car. Very expensive and very nice. Why didn't we have a family like that.? I am looking for an old ('60's) VW bug or Corvair. My IROC is so old I still have manual windows and no cupholders. I don't want a new car, but I do want a different one. 1 more ticket and I lose my license for a year. Not that I would stop driving, but would rather have a license. But I won't stop driving without one. I just don't care.

Well, since it goes against our guidelines to talk about doing things illegal, I'm guessing you're only kidding, right Maggs?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
the people across the street really have it goin' on this afternoon. It's pouring down rain and there are cars parked on both sides of the street all the way down to the corner. Must be 50 or 75 of 'em. And I can hear music and the occasional microphone voice. Whew!

theguy67

10 Year Member!
the people across the street really have it goin' on this afternoon. It's pouring down rain and there are cars parked on both sides of the street all the way down to the corner. Must be 50 or 75 of 'em. And I can hear music and the occasional microphone voice. Whew!
And you weren't invited? I see how you spend your saturday nights.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And you weren't invited? I see how you spend your saturday nights.

I thought about that, but not knowing anyone over there, not even the homeowners, I would have been out of my element. I wouldn't have gone even if they did invite me. But the nerve of them, right? Cars parked all over in front of my house and they didn't even invite me? Really!!

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I thought about that, but not knowing anyone over there, not even the homeowners, I would have been out of my element. I wouldn't have gone even if they did invite me. But the nerve of them, right? Cars parked all over in front of my house and they didn't even invite me? Really!!

Lol I'm the same way. I'd rather stay home and clean my aquarium on the weekends.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'd rather stay home and read. Speaking of Kindle, I recently downloaded a free jigsaw puzzle app onto my Kindle. I've been having quite a bit of fun with that. Never knew I liked to work puzzles before. It's quite fun. I group all the pieces with indented bits at the top together and all the pieces with outdented parts together. Then I work it from the top down, filling in all the rows. It's quite captivating. The app tells you how long it took you to put it together, so you can try for your personal best.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I'd rather stay home and read. Speaking of Kindle, I recently downloaded a free jigsaw puzzle app onto my Kindle. I've been having quite a bit of fun with that. Never knew I liked to work puzzles before. It's quite fun. I group all the pieces with indented bits at the top together and all the pieces with outdented parts together. Then I work it from the top down, filling in all the rows. It's quite captivating. The app tells you how long it took you to put it together, so you can try for your personal best.

Ahhh, I wish I enjoyed reading lol, but I always have difficulty getting into a story. I'll find myself day dreaming about other stuff while I'm reading or counting how many pages I've read.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ahhh, I wish I enjoyed reading lol, but I always have difficulty getting into a story. I'll find myself day dreaming about other stuff while I'm reading or counting how many pages I've read.

I have to buy into the characters in the first couple of chapters. If I don't like them, I can't read the story. My genre is murder mysteries and detective stories.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Because I live in a cave (and sometimes under a bridgy) and have minimum people contact, I hardly ever get sick. What's your Etsy's address?

Go figure, I'm The Rusty Tortoise on Etsy. I mostly specialize in vintage cameras, but I have a lot of other stuff like toys and kitchenware. I buy things at estate sales and thrift shops and then I clean, inspect, repair and resell as a supplement to my photography business.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRustyTortoise

I've got a special running right now. 20% off with the code "TURKEY20" and I'm surprised I have had so many orders already.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Go figure, I'm The Rusty Tortoise on Etsy. I mostly specialize in vintage cameras, but I have a lot of other stuff like toys and kitchenware. I buy things at estate sales and thrift shops and then I clean, inspect, repair and resell as a supplement to my photography business.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRustyTortoise

I've got a special running right now. 20% off with the code "TURKEY20" and I'm surprised I have had so many orders already.
Ahh thats interesting. I may like a vintage camera for my shelf. I like to collect older things to display at my apartment like arrow heads, microscopes.

I really like that Kodak Six 16 : )