Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't remember going any place with our parents except the junk yard with Dad. They weren't our friends they were parents who left us to grow up on our own I believe. Except when your mother used to hit me and Roger with a crutch.....ouch!

"MY" mother?

I remember going to stores on Mission Street and being left in the car while they went in and shopped. I never got the junkyard experience. Occasionally, when they went into the record store I was able to go in also and choose a record. (for you youngsters, a record is a vinyl disc with ridges and grooves that you would place on a phonograph. The phonograph had an arm with a needle on the end and the needle rode in the grooves on the record and sent the sound through the arm and out the speakers. )

antique_phonograph_by_scrapbee.png

(just kidding. This is even before MY time!)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I had too much coffee this morning. Now I'm bidding in an online live camera auction and my trigger finger is itchy. If you don't hear from me I sold all of my possessions, including my computer to pay for my camera habit. There are over 1,000 items and I've got bids going on about 50 cameras right now.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good evening people . Just cleaned up from a day of cutting and grinding . But my old truck is coming around .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good evening TFO.

How's the weekend so far?? It's Monday morning here.......;);)

M

Maggie Cummings

He is playing in wind and snow in WY

Been there done that. Wind scared me more than anything. And WY has got some freakin wind. Oh man he's in my thoughts tonight.

Morning all. Gonna be a great day! Found another Santa, and gonna take a 6 mth old Sulcata, only I KNOW she'll pee on him. I'll bring a pee pad. In fact I think I'll bring 2 pee'ers......lol lol lol both small Sulcata

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I had too much coffee this morning. Now I'm bidding in an online live camera auction and my trigger finger is itchy. If you don't hear from me I sold all of my possessions, including my computer to pay for my camera habit. There are over 1,000 items and I've got bids going on about 50 cameras right now.
I know the feeling! I collect vintage purses and keychains, and sometimes go crazy bidding. Sometimes I find myself bidding on something just because it is such a good deal; not because I really want it.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I wound up with about 65 cameras, but they averaged about $5ea. Some are rare and valuable. All are worth over the $5 paid.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ill be back in California in two weeks. Also 15 days until I'm a grown up.
One thing you realise as you get older... your driver's license may say you're a grown up, but you never actually feel grown up.

Well I haven't anyway :D I may be a bit more wrinkly, fatter, greyer and less fit but 'grown up' is other people and not me. I'm not planning on changing that state of mind any time soon :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Been there done that. Wind scared me more than anything. And WY has got some freakin wind. Oh man he's in my thoughts tonight.

Morning all. Gonna be a great day! Found another Santa, and gonna take a 6 mth old Sulcata, only I KNOW she'll pee on him. I'll bring a pee pad. In fact I think I'll bring 2 pee'ers......lol lol lol both small Sulcata

Yep, that wind i s deadly, especially hauling a light load.

So did Santa get peed on?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego