Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I just love this picture:

1-photo-u1.jpg

I don't know why I can't ever have an unusual looking cat show up on my doorstep. I only ever get the run of the mill colors.

Whatcha looking at Willis!?!?!

M

Maggie Cummings

lol silly lady

@Jacqui If you and I were as afraid of a little cold as my sister is things would never get done. It's in the high 20's does that mean I don't have to put on my rubber boots (there's a good joke in there), and heavy coat with a hood and sludge thru the ice and snow daily to feed animals in the tort shed????
How long did that guy tailgate you??? Nice sunset

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is that the same place they have jackalope?

Yeah...right!! However, this picture was taken in 1937 and I don't know how educated they were in those days to do some sort of photoshopping.

Tomorrow in the first full day of WINTER, the shortest day of the year.

Yippee! Happy Winter everyone. This means the days start getting longer

Good morning, all! It's going to be a pretty nice day here once the frost melts. Sun is starting to peek over the horizon and it's not windy or breezy. And - and this is a big one - I feel pretty energetic this a.m.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I've sat here near the wood stove for too long. Now I don't want to go out in the cold. And the sun went away. It's now gray and overcast.

M

Maggie Cummings

Put on a damn sweat shirt or jacket and go do your chores. I have dense fog with 28 degrees....I will stay in my jammies until right after I go out to the shed to feed those guys. Which is gonna happen right now. Then I get to drive to town in this mess.........
Stephanie and Jacqui are probably in single digits.........

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
@Jacqui If you and I were as afraid of a little cold as my sister is things would never get done. It's in the high 20's does that mean I don't have to put on my rubber boots (there's a good joke in there), and heavy coat with a hood and sludge thru the ice and snow daily to feed animals in the tort shed????

How long did that guy tailgate you??? Nice sunset

Wait, boots and a coat? Do I even have those?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, I've sat here near the wood stove for too long. Now I don't want to go out in the cold. And the sun went away. It's now gray and overcast.

lol that's what happens when you wait to long.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sketchers is my favorite brand of every day shoes. I love my Sketchers. They are so comfortable, and just as light as air. They're great for walking my laps in the pasture. BUT!!!! No matter what style I buy, they all have these deep ridges and valleys in the soles. It's impossible to get them clean when I come in the house:

shoe.jpg

Scraping your feet on the mat doesn't do the job. No wonder my house is always so dirty.

M

Maggie Cummings

Wait, boots and a coat? Do I even have those?

Well, I'm still a California girl, so I do wear coats and it's muddy now, so rubber boots. And please tell me why I am defending myself against a crazy person who I betcha goes out in a tee shirt when it's 6 degrees?????

M

Maggie Cummings

Sketchers is my favorite brand of every day shoes. I love my Sketchers. They are so comfortable, and just as light as air. They're great for walking my laps in the pasture. BUT!!!! No matter what style I buy, they all have these deep ridges and valleys in the soles. It's impossible to get them clean when I come in the house:
Scraping your feet on the mat doesn't do the job. No wonder my house is always so dirty.

that's why I take off my shoes when I am still in the mud room, and I slide my feet into slippers.