Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Well, I'm still a California girl, so I do wear coats and it's muddy now, so rubber boots. And please tell me why I am defending myself against a crazy person who I betcha goes out in a tee shirt when it's 6 degrees?????

ummm some days I put on a sweatshirt. Not often, but some times. Mainly the negative windchill mornings, if I am going to be out awhile. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sketchers is my favorite brand of every day shoes. I love my Sketchers. They are so comfortable, and just as light as air. They're great for walking my laps in the pasture. BUT!!!! No matter what style I buy, they all have these deep ridges and valleys in the soles. It's impossible to get them clean when I come in the house:

View attachment 195317

Scraping your feet on the mat doesn't do the job. No wonder my house is always so dirty.

Yeah isn't that a pain how everything ends up in those little cracks

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
how big of a tank? You will need to house them alone.
Ask your friend. Plus have they shed? In the picture they look older then I expected.
Why house them separately? I thought animals like living with a friend just like tortoises;). They are about 12 inches long so I'm pretty sure they have shed before.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Scraping your feet on the mat doesn't do the job. No wonder my house is always so dirty.

I have slippers. My Exes mom had 'house shoes' that she never wore outside because she liked having shoes on.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Why house them separately? I thought animals like living with a friend just like tortoises;). They are about 12 inches long so I'm pretty sure they have shed before.

I had a friend who kept her pythons together for 8 years before she came home to one missing snake and one dead snake with a ruptured stomach. Ick!

I'd probably give them a week or so to settle in before you try to feed. Ball Pythons can be terribly stubborn and picky. I had a friend have a ball that didn't eat for EIGHT months.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I have slippers. My Exes mom had 'house shoes' that she never wore outside because she liked having shoes on.
I love slippers! I wear them all the time. I never wear my shoes in the house, not because it is a rule, but just because my slippers are so comfortable. Right now, I'm wearing sheepskin fur lined moccasins.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Sketchers is my favorite brand of every day shoes. I love my Sketchers. They are so comfortable, and just as light as air. They're great for walking my laps in the pasture. BUT!!!! No matter what style I buy, they all have these deep ridges and valleys in the soles. It's impossible to get them clean when I come in the house:

View attachment 195317

I take my shoes off and hold them vertically under the faucet so the water just hits the soles until it washes off. That is the only way that is easy to clean them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I take my shoes off and hold them vertically under the faucet so the water just hits the soles until it washes off. That is the only way that is easy to clean them.

Not these. You have to get a screwdriver and pry the dirt out.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I asked Santa for slippers last year and then I moved and lost them :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Ugh。。。。。。
My return flight delayed from 3:45 PM today to 5:00 AM next morning......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ugh。。。。。。
My return flight delayed from 3:45 PM today to 5:00 AM next morning......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:( So sorry!!
My daughter who works for my husband is going to China for the first time on the 1st for business.
He usually does this trip but he's grooming her to take over.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had a friend who kept her pythons together for 8 years before she came home to one missing snake and one dead snake with a ruptured stomach. Ick!

I'd probably give them a week or so to settle in before you try to feed. Ball Pythons can be terribly stubborn and picky. I had a friend have a ball that didn't eat for EIGHT months.

was it a female? Females are worse for eating issues.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a 25 year old ball python . I keep him in a 40 gallon tank / reptile tank . I keep it at 85/90 degrees in the day and let it drop to 78/80 degrees at night . They're nocturnal so feed in the evenings or early morning . This is how I've been doing it for years like this . As far as bedding I use paper towels . I find wood chips get stuck in their mouth and it's not cheap . I use a 60 watt lamp over head with a che on a thermostat at night .

Alexio

Syracuse, New York
I have a 25 year old ball python . I keep him in a 40 gallon tank / reptile tank . I keep it at 85/90 degrees in the day and let it drop to 78/80 degrees at night . They're nocturnal so feed in the evenings or early morning . This is how I've been doing it for years like this . As far as bedding I use paper towels . I find wood chips get stuck in their mouth and it's not cheap . I use a 60 watt lamp over head with a che on a thermostat at night .

25 years is a long time but thats awesome. Is he very big?