Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I have a 25 year old ball python . I keep him in a 40 gallon tank / reptile tank . I keep it at 85/90 degrees in the day and let it drop to 78/80 degrees at night . They're nocturnal so feed in the evenings or early morning . This is how I've been doing it for years like this . As far as bedding I use paper towels . I find wood chips get stuck in their mouth and it's not cheap . I use a 60 watt lamp over head with a che on a thermostat at night .

Mike, are you awake?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Anyone know what happened to JD!
I know he had some health issues but didn't know what happened!
Can anyone clue me in?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have a 25 year old ball python . I keep him in a 40 gallon tank / reptile tank . I keep it at 85/90 degrees in the day and let it drop to 78/80 degrees at night . They're nocturnal so feed in the evenings or early morning . This is how I've been doing it for years like this . As far as bedding I use paper towels . I find wood chips get stuck in their mouth and it's not cheap . I use a 60 watt lamp over head with a che on a thermostat at night .

with a hide and waterdish to soak, too right.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ugh。。。。。。
My return flight delayed from 3:45 PM today to 5:00 AM next morning......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So what did you do while you were waiting?
Anyone know what happened to JD!
I know he had some health issues but didn't know what happened!
Can anyone clue me in?

We had been getting updates from a member who is close to the family, but we haven't heard now in a while.

Good morning all!

Hi Jacqui! You're off today, right? Do you have big plans?

Dinner with the kidlings, grandkittens, sister and one ex.

My daughter usually has me over for Christmas dinner, but she told me yesterday that she's not doing dinner this year. So I told her to come here and have dinner at my house, but she declined. I guess the cancer is getting to her. She just doesn't feel up to having people over for dinner. I wish there was something I could do. I thought about ordering one of those take out Christmas dinners and take it over to her house, but I think it's too close to Christmas now to do that.

I think it's great that you still get along so well with your ex. Enjoy your day with family!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Yvonne G
Marie Calendars has that during the holidays. You just walk up to the window and grab your order. My single friend did it over Thanksgiving. He said everything was good but the cornbread was a tad dry.
It may not be to late.

So sorry your daughter isn't doing well. I hate cancer with a passion.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So what did you do while you were waiting?

We had been getting updates from a member who is close to the family, but we haven't heard now in a while.

Hi Jacqui! You're off today, right? Do you have big plans?

My daughter usually has me over for Christmas dinner, but she told me yesterday that she's not doing dinner this year. So I told her to come here and have dinner at my house, but she declined. I guess the cancer is getting to her. She just doesn't feel up to having people over for dinner. I wish there was something I could do. I thought about ordering one of those take out Christmas dinners and take it over to her house, but I think it's too close to Christmas now to do that.

I think it's great that you still get along so well with your ex. Enjoy your day with family!
I really feel for both you and your daughter. :(

We have 3 close friends battling variations of this awful disease at the moment. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really feel for both you and your daughter. :(

We have 3 close friends battling variations of this awful disease at the moment. :(

Thank you. She's pretty depressed about it, but tries to not let on. It's a very slow growing type of bone marrow cancer and the doctors don't want to do any treatment until the symptoms get worse. Well, unless you actually live with someone and see them everyday, you just don't know the symptoms. Far as I'm concerned, she's gone from an energetic, active work-outside person to a come-home-from-work and got to bed person. To me, the symptoms are worse.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's so quiet here today!!
What's everyone doing?
Sleeping? Eating? Driving in the snow?

It's been raining for two days!! I've barely gotten out of my pj's and eating like crap but it all taste so good!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What's everyone doing?

It's been raining for two days!! I've barely gotten out of my pj's and eating like crap but it all taste so good!!

No rain here. Sun is shining. It's a bit brisk out there, but nice working outside weather. I think we have a storm forecast for tomorrow.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What's everyone doing?

Hiya!

I pop in for a read, but I've been busy with Christmas prep. I'm recovering in front of the tv now.

No snow here. Lovely sunny day. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just in case your wood stove fails you!
View attachment 195436

LOL!!! Now THAT looks real safe!! On occasion I have been known to turn on the oven and leave the door open while I get the frost off the kitchen.

I do worry about the wood stove in the house. My S-I-L decommissioned the wall heaters and put in the wood stove and all the pipe/chimneys that went with it. That was about 30 years ago. Since I've lived here - about 25 years - I've had to replace the chimney pipe that goes from the stove to the ceiling one time. I keep asking him if the pipe that goes through the attic needs to be checked and he assures me it is a more heavy duty pipe than the one in the house that I replaced. He says he would notice if it were bad when he goes on the roof to clean the chimney once or twice a year. I think he's blowing smoke because I've cleaned that chimney before and once you get the brush down in there, you can't see a blamed thing inside the pipe.

So every day I make a fire and cross my fingers and hope that it will work just one more day.