Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
This weather sucks the energy and the life out of you. Even the tortoises are depressed this time of year.

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't guess you use hot basking lights for them. You only have Redfoots dont'cha? When all this cold and gray starts to get to me, I steal a tortoises 100 watt Powersun, and put it about 12 inches from my face. That way I never get S.A.D. Which is good as I have several strange disorders already....lol

Well, they inform me the day has come and tomorrow I get on an Amtrak train. Frankly, I thought today was Tuesday. So I hadda bake gingerbread turtles in a hurry. Glad I made part of the dough a couple of days ago, so it was already chilled. And they turned out really good, except I'm no artist. I have to pack, leave feeding notes, vacuum, and more, I'm not ready in any sense of the word. And that stresses me out, so instead of functioning and packing or something, I'm going to bed. And when I get up in the middle of the night, I'll do all that crap. I worry about leaving my animals in the hands of a non chelonian person. I'm sorta OCD about how they are cared for. (ha! used a preposition at the end of a sentence....) Should read I am concerned for their care. English lesson of the day
And my son does not have cable or WiFi, so ya won't hear from me until next week. Y'all have a good Christmas, you hear?!! I know you will all miss me....
not:mad:

DSCN3394.JPG

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I don't guess you use hot basking lights for them. You only have Redfoots dont'cha? When all this cold and gray starts to get to me, I steal a tortoises 100 watt Powersun, and put it about 12 inches from my face. That way I never get S.A.D. Which is good as I have several strange disorders already....lol

Well, they inform me the day has come and tomorrow I get on an Amtrak train. Frankly, I thought today was Tuesday. So I hadda bake gingerbread turtles in a hurry. Glad I made part of the dough a couple of days ago, so it was already chilled. And they turned out really good, except I'm no artist. I have to pack, leave feeding notes, vacuum, and more, I'm not ready in any sense of the word. And that stresses me out, so instead of functioning and packing or something, I'm going to bed. And when I get up in the middle of the night, I'll do all that crap. I worry about leaving my animals in the hands of a non chelonian person. I'm sorta OCD about how they are cared for. (ha! used a preposition at the end of a sentence....) Should read I am concerned for their care. English lesson of the day
And my son does not have cable or WiFi, so ya won't hear from me until next week. Y'all have a good Christmas, you hear?!! I know you will all miss me....

View attachment 195453
Have a safe trip and a great Christmas Maggie :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Almost time for work. :( I dislike Friday's since I have to work the little speedy register and sack things. As busy as today will be, I am already thinking "ouch!"

Have fun all of you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 195453

Have a wonderful time Maggie!!!
Behave yourself;) and enjoy your time with the family!!
Love your tree!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

View attachment 195453

Maggie, what no pictures of those cookies? Have a safe trip and lots of fun.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I came into town early to get my last minute shopping done before crowds. I just got a text from my children. seems that they forgot a few things, will I pick them up after work. :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I came into town early to get my last minute shopping done before crowds. I just got a text from my children. seems that they forgot a few things, will I pick them up after work. :(
Oh poor you :(

Town here was hell on earth today. I only went there to drop my daughter at work and pick her up again. I didn't even want to park! You wouldn't believe that shops were only going to be closed for one day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was pretty busy in town here too. The line at the post office was not quite around the block, but it was backed up to the door. And the traffic!!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne you asked what I did yesterday... I came home from work, unloaded my car of seven mini pallets and slept away the day.

20161222_102057.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those will come in handy. Will they be re-purposed into tortoise fencing?