Pretend Chat 2.14

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
When I have packages that I can't ship from home I drive 25min to the next town over because the post office is so rural and small that it is never busy. The post office where I live has a really mean nasty lady behind the counter who always finds a way to make my experience unpleasant. The post office of my choosing is far more relaxed and the post master is very sweet.
That's how it is when I go to Farmersville, the next town. You can tell by the name, it is sort of rural. No one is ever there. In my town, there are two post offices that are always really crowded and it is hard to park. They closed the one near our house. We used to live in a small town of 200 people that had its own post office. That place was wonderful. The postmaster knew everyone in town. I guess it wouldn't be good if you wanted privacy. I never went to the library in our town because the librarian was always recommending stuff that I didn't want to read, but I ended up taking so she wouldn't be disappointed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today I ran out to buy 3 things and ended up buying a lot more. It was hard to pass up stuff at 60% off.
The grocery store was a zoo but my express lane was fine.

Tonight we are headed to Filippi's for an Italian dinner but I'm sure it will end up just being pizza and wine.

I'm trying to clean up and get ready for tomorrow when the family shows up.

Our weather is cold and rainy!!
My sulcata hasn't been out much so I have been soaking him in the bath just for a change of scenery.

View attachment 195608

Looking good!

Pizza's always good. But then I really love pasta too!!

Thankfully I won't be having company tomorrow. My daughter invited me over for breakfast, but I doubt I'll take her up on it. I always go early to do presents, and the great grandkids will be there, so it's a treat to watch them, but after presents, I'm ready to go home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I went to Danny's (Maggie's son) house this afternoon. He has a cute little 1937 Craftsman house and he has it fixed up very retro with much 50's, 60's and even some antique furniture. He repainted, added new carpet and some new tile, etc. He bought an old electric kitchen stove that looks like it's from the '50's, but it's brand new because the older couple that had it never used it. And his kitchen table and chairs are the chrome/vinyl jobs we used to know and love (NOT), but in like-new condition.

It's very hard to get my side of the story across with Maggie there. Danny was asking me how I like this truck over the red one I had in the past (this one is an '05 and the red one was a '95, both full size, 1/2 ton Dodge trucks). I started to say I like this one fine and Maggie jumps in saying I don't know how to drive this big truck. It's too big for me. I never even get up to speed. I can't park it, and on and on. The only thing bigger on this truck are the wheels. It's the same truck. Oh well. I don't drive like Maggie does, so that means I can't drive, I guess.

I'll leave her train experience for her to tell you. But she made it ok and is just as ornery as ever. And yes, Jacqui, she gave me your hug.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Looking good!

Pizza's always good. But then I really love pasta too!!

Thankfully I won't be having company tomorrow. My daughter invited me over for breakfast, but I doubt I'll take her up on it. I always go early to do presents, and the great grandkids will be there, so it's a treat to watch them, but after presents, I'm ready to go home.

Just go!! Don't over think it!!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Slow night here in Eugene, Chris already had his Christmas visit with his kids and his parents aren't doing anything so we plan on staying in our PJs all day tomorrow watching Christmas movies and eating crab.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's raining here. Jeff had his road shut down in AZ due to snow