Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
What can I use in my food pantry to keep the moths out? Im finding them everywhere when I open the cupboard.
I wasn't sure moth balls were safe with food.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What can I use in my food pantry to keep the moths out? Im finding them everywhere when I open the cupboard.

I suspect a box of something that has been sitting in there too long and has grown some larvae. Look closely in the cupboard, all along the corners, and inside boxes and containers. Here's a how to:

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Pantry-Moths

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Another day, another house. Wish us luck, tonight we are going to go look at a rental that is actually $100 under budget, which would be fabulous if it will work for us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just looking through a bunch of animal photo bombs and this one I thought was too cute to not share it:

5Y6vYr_wBbCl.jpg

Looks like the stork is now delivering fully clothed babies.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Update: sitting outside waiting for the landlord. There are now 6 vehicles besides us waiting. I was unamused as I thought this was a one in one showing.

M

Maggie Cummings

Do you keep bird seed in the pantry?

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi chatters. I hope every one had a great Christmas, I know you all missed me. I could tell by how much chatting was going on, but I'm back now, so I expect the chatting to cease. Not that I want it to, I just know there's not much chatting happening when I post. Well, I'm back. And Amtrak sucks big time.
You all can keep chatting, I'm gonna go play with my tortoises. I won't be back so you are free to chat to your hearts content

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Update number 2: words cannot describe the stretch from that house. It needs to be gutted completely. It was filthy and disgusting with horrific pet odor....and I didn't even go in. I popped my head in the door, turned and I ran.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Let me guess wall to wall carpet. It holds the smell .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi chatters. I hope every one had a great Christmas, I know you all missed me. I could tell by how much chatting was going on, but I'm back now, so I expect the chatting to cease. Not that I want it to, I just know there's not much chatting happening when I post. Well, I'm back. And Amtrak sucks big time.
You all can keep chatting, I'm gonna go play with my tortoises. I won't be back so you are free to chat to your hearts content
Hi Maggie

Welcome back. I hope you had a good time despite Amtrak's best efforts.

We're braving the trains to get to London today. It should only take around 45 minutes, but ...

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Once you get them, they are really hard to get rid of. Check your walls to make sure there aren't any worms on them. Once we bought a sack of rice that had moths. For about 3 years later, I kept finding moths or worms.

M

Maggie Cummings

Update number 2: words cannot describe the stretch from that house. It needs to be gutted completely. It was filthy and disgusting with horrific pet odor....and I didn't even go in. I popped my head in the door, turned and I ran.

Look and see whats under the carpet. You could get rid of it and have wood floors, that would be awesome. I am guessing you got a house while I was gone?