Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I had that a few years ago. My house is on a slab and the pipes were under the slab. I never go into the back part of my house, so I have no idea how long the water was running back there, but one day I noticed the sound of water running through the pipes. I went all around outside looking for a sprinkler I might have left on and couldn't find one. I finally went into the Crystal Shining Bathroom to see if maybe that toilet hadn't seated last time it was flushed and the bathroom had about an inch of water all over the floor. The back bedroom (the doll room) was totally flooded, and a small portion of the bedroom used as a library was flooded. Come to find out the hot water pipe under the cement slab had rusted through.

Lucky for me, the insurance paid a goodly portion of the 'fix.' I don't remember what the cost was. The clean-up company took up my fairly new wall to wall carpet to mop up the water, then ran fans for a week or so to get the carpet dried out. It was a very traumatic experience for me because at that time I was very house proud (my pre-Misty days, when I took excellent care of the carpet).

Sounds awful!!
We were very fortunate that it didn't burst.
It could have been way worse.
Now we just need to put up a few sheets of drywall and paint.
We are lucky our pipes don't run under the slab. I think they changed that in the 70's. I could be wrong.

Greta16

Western Maine
Had the strangest little flower pop up almost just out of the ground. I can't remember planting anything last year but my husband says I did, late last summer..kinda looks like my other bee balm.

1493754604945.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Had the strangest little flower pop up almost just out of the ground. I can't remember planting anything last year but my husband says I did, late last summer..kinda looks like my other bee balm.
looks more to me like an Echinacea family member to me.

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Looking good ;). How the northeast treating you?
Weathers finally warmed up, lots of time to work on cars, and get franklin outside. I guess this summer I'm going to meet his kids because he only has one day off and doesn't want to miss seeing me (jackpot for getting to do cool kid stuff!!! Lol) so I've been actually really good. Work is crazy with ANOTHER darn sale happening, but i still love the place.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Weathers finally warmed up, lots of time to work on cars, and get franklin outside. I guess this summer I'm going to meet his kids because he only has one day off and doesn't want to miss seeing me (jackpot for getting to do cool kid stuff!!! Lol) so I've been actually really good. Work is crazy with ANOTHER darn sale happening, but i still love the place.

Ok so you're going to have to back up a bit for me. I bet it's been a little over a year since I've been on this site. Last I remember is you had recently graduated college, turned 21, and was working with your dad all while doing them fun mud runs..... Soooooo, who's this dude?

Spill the beans girl!

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Ok so you're going to have to back up a bit for me. I bet it's been a little over a year since I've been on this site. Last I remember is you had recently graduated college, turned 21, and was working with your dad all while doing them fun mud runs..... Soooooo, who's this dude?

Spill the beans girl!
Yeeeeeeeah so I'm basically completely unrecognizable aside from having Franklin. I'm now 23, but act beyond my years and happen to be dating a guy a good handful of years older than me. College loans suck and I still don't know what I want to do with life, but I no longer work with my dad because they cut my hours to 16 a week there and I had to find a new place, I now work at a Planet Fitness and have for over a year and a half, I won't to manage one someday I think, this year I'm taking off mud runs they just stopped being fun last year (same old obstacles and stuff over and over) and have started lifting heavier and heavier weights in my workouts. That's actually how I met Pete, he works out at my gym at the same time in the mornings that I do on my days off, well I knew he'd been glancing at me and the day of our last blizzard here he finally worked up the nerve to talk to me, eventually got the courage to ask me to work out, then to dinner, and then to be his girlfriend (that's probably a shocker too as I made no secret of the fact that my only serious ex was a lady- I just like people) i don't remember the last time I was this happy. That pretty much sums it up: new job, new car (merry Christmas to me- blew the engine on my baby 2 days before Christmas, I now own 3 cars), 9 months without alcohol and 7 without an energy drink (which is huge because I was a Monster fiend), lift a lot of weight for fun, benched 125 yesterday which is apparently pretty good for a lady person, and I got a new room at home and now share with Franklin (which is cool... until the random nights he decides it's not time to sleep when I'm trying to sleep!)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeeeeeeeah so I'm basically completely unrecognizable aside from having Franklin. I'm now 23, but act beyond my years and happen to be dating a guy a good handful of years older than me. College loans suck and I still don't know what I want to do with life, but I no longer work with my dad because they cut my hours to 16 a week there and I had to find a new place, I now work at a Planet Fitness and have for over a year and a half, I won't to manage one someday I think, this year I'm taking off mud runs they just stopped being fun last year (same old obstacles and stuff over and over) and have started lifting heavier and heavier weights in my workouts. That's actually how I met Pete, he works out at my gym at the same time in the mornings that I do on my days off, well I knew he'd been glancing at me and the day of our last blizzard here he finally worked up the nerve to talk to me, eventually got the courage to ask me to work out, then to dinner, and then to be his girlfriend (that's probably a shocker too as I made no secret of the fact that my only serious ex was a lady- I just like people) i don't remember the last time I was this happy. That pretty much sums it up: new job, new car (merry Christmas to me- blew the engine on my baby 2 days before Christmas, I now own 3 cars), 9 months without alcohol and 7 without an energy drink (which is huge because I was a Monster fiend), lift a lot of weight for fun, benched 125 yesterday which is apparently pretty good for a lady person, and I got a new room at home and now share with Franklin (which is cool... until the random nights he decides it's not time to sleep when I'm trying to sleep!)
So one more question and I'm all caught up..... there was something your ex wanted back like a year after y'all broke up. A plant?? Something like that.. we were all telling you to tell her to go pound sand, it's yours now. Still got it or did you cave and give it back?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
And I like to share some photo that I took while I was in one or a Tortoise lover ranch.........All I can said at the time of my visit is:

WOW! ! ! ! !

IMG_1717.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1723.JPG IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1707.JPG IMG_1732.JPG

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
What...no pictures?
Newt knows the score…pictures or it didn't happen. Today I recieved, via FedEx, my new baby leopard tortoise and I'm so excited, my earlobes sting! Here Newt, this is for you as an example as well as for me getting the opportunity to brag/showoff a little…ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493799138.249736.jpg fresh out of the box at his new home ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493799160.558169.jpg some time ago. Look at the zipper like split scutes down the center of his back. Come sunup, I'll get some other, " purtyier" pictures done up real nice like. This little guy is from one of Jodie's yunguns and I'd have to say they all is looking good to this here old Cowboy.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Newt knows the score…pictures or it didn't happen. Today I recieved, via FedEx, my new baby leopard tortoise and I'm so excited, my earlobes sting! Here Newt, this is for you as an example as well as for me getting the opportunity to brag/showoff a little…View attachment 206408 fresh out of the box at his new home View attachment 206409 some time ago. Look at the zipper like split scutes down the center of his back. Come sunup, I'll get some other, " purtyier" pictures done up real nice like. This little guy is from one of Jodie's yunguns and I'd have to say they all is looking good to this here old Cowboy.
You all better after your wreck?