10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Newt knows the score…pictures or it didn't happen. Today I recieved, via FedEx, my new baby leopard tortoise and I'm so excited, my earlobes sting! Here Newt, this is for you as an example as well as for me getting the opportunity to brag/showoff a little…View attachment 206408 fresh out of the box at his new home View attachment 206409 some time ago. Look at the zipper like split scutes down the center of his back. Come sunup, I'll get some other, " purtyier" pictures done up real nice like. This little guy is from one of Jodie's yunguns and I'd have to say they all is looking good to this here old Cowboy.

I am in love ! Lookee at them scutes!!

Greta16

Western Maine
I have never seen them swim! Who knew! I alway felt bad for the ones living in a cup! I sure wouldn't want to live in my bathroom. He is so cute! Did you use spring water or tap with conditioner? I'm still trying to figure that out. The pet store said to use glacier water from the machines out in front of grocery stores.
I always used tap water with a tiny squirting of conditioner. I also had a tiny 1 gal tank heater and a thermometer. All purchased on amazon really cheap, other than the conditioner which I got at walmart. Take some of his bowl water out and put him in a tiny bowl with that while you clean it. Add the conditioner and let his clean bowl warm up and then put him in. Unless you live where it's warm all the time don't worry about the heater.

Attachments

• 1493839348508.jpg
    1493839348508.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
h6216EA23

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
mail

Hi everyone at Pretend Chat. :)

I bet each and every one of you fell into the trap. Don't deny it. ;)

Greta16

Western Maine
Good news for anyone who cares, I'm pretty happy about it. Hermie is FINALLY eating her mazuri! This is the second day I've seen her chowing down on it. Also, question for anyone who may be on her with a bit of tort experience. I think I just heard Hermie squeak whilst eating. Is this normal? She about 4.5 months old.

Attachments

• 1493840008203.jpg
    1493840008203.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 7

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yvonne - you should also look into consumer cellular. My parents are pretty...primitive folks (no internet or cable, I bought them a DVD player, but they prefer the VCR) and they got phones on Consumer Cellular and they like the company.

Another thing you might consider is Boost or another "trac phone" where you pre-pay for x number of minutes and then when they are gone you can just add more like a calling card.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hello people of tortoise forum . hahhahahahahahahha Hopefully we will see more old members coming back .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne - you should also look into consumer cellular. My parents are pretty...primitive folks (no internet or cable, I bought them a DVD player, but they prefer the VCR) and they got phones on Consumer Cellular and they like the company.

Another thing you might consider is Boost or another "trac phone" where you pre-pay for x number of minutes and then when they are gone you can just add more like a calling card.

Yeah, I messed up when I said Jitterbug. . . It was Consumer Cellular I had.