Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good afternoon, and nearly "Good evening" here in Jordan. It's 6.45 pm here.

Your day is coming to an end and mine is just beginning. I'm about to turn off the computer and go out and chop weeds (after I take care of the animals, that is).

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Your day is coming to an end and mine is just beginning. I'm about to turn off the computer and go out and chop weeds (after I take care of the animals, that is).
Hi Yvonne hope you're well.

What time is it back there?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
It's warm and sunny and I'm covered in juniper sap. I HATE junipers and we have 6-8 of them around a pond in our new back yard. I'm cutting them back as no one has touched them in 10 years and they look look h-e-l-l. I can't wait until we reach the 'maintenance' phase in yard care. We've got a lot to do still. I also have a bunch of roses which I might hate as much as juniper that I'm going to put on craigslist for free, you dig - I hate plants that want to kill me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! Got rid of all my RES today, thank goodness. The lady who took them is 80 years old and lives in the country. She has a 5 acre "pond." Now if I can just convince people to not bring me any more!

I should be so spry at 80. She came to town to go to Lowe's to purchase veg for her garden. Driving her own car. No Glasses (but I saw a pair on the dash of the car as she was leaving). Walks without a cane or assistance. Talked like she has all her faculties. Well, actually, I'm almost there at 79, but for some reason, I don't feel like I'm that old. And definitely not feeble!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Whew! Got rid of all my RES today, thank goodness. The lady who took them is 80 years old and lives in the country. She has a 5 acre "pond." Now if I can just convince people to not bring me any more!

I should be so spry at 80. She came to town to go to Lowe's to purchase veg for her garden. Driving her own car. No Glasses (but I saw a pair on the dash of the car as she was leaving). Walks without a cane or assistance. Talked like she has all her faculties. Well, actually, I'm almost there at 79, but for some reason, I don't feel like I'm that old. And definitely not feeble!

You are young for your age and your definitely not feeble!!
You do more work than most in their 30's!!

Alicia Hoogstra

So...last night I went to explore my perennial flower beds and came in with a tortoise buffet! Needless to say they went crazy;) It Was a mix of yarrow, geranium, grass, dandelion, evening primrose, chickweed, and sedum......they LOVE it!!

Greta16

Western Maine
So...last night I went to explore my perennial flower beds and came in with a tortoise buffet! Needless to say they went crazy;) It Was a mix of yarrow, geranium, grass, dandelion, evening primrose, chickweed, and sedum......they LOVE it!!
@Alicia How many torts do you have. For some reason I thought you had the 1 baby Sulcata. Do you have 2 babies? ☺

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
A very cloudy day here today. but the allergy are seems much better.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! When I get off work, I will start my week of Jeff therapy. Except I still have to work my two overnight shifts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I get the privilege of many types of animals crossing the roads in front of me. Today is was a fox, not a real common sight here.

Greta16

Western Maine
I get the privilege of many types of animals crossing the roads in front of me. Today is was a fox, not a real common sight here.
We have baby foxes living under the ramp, in a den at work. Their mom was hit and killed by a car so a few of us were really worried about them. We had a wildlife rehabilitator come to trap them. That is until we realized daddy fox is still taking care of them.

Greta16

Western Maine
The weather here in the northeast is still dreary and wet. Next week is finally supposed to clear off, warm up, and be sunny!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning! When I get off work, I will start my week of Jeff therapy. Except I still have to work my two overnight shifts.

I don't understand. Are you saying Jeff is going to be home for a week starting today?