Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
A very cloudy day here today. but the allergy are seems much better.

The wind's up here. I hate the wind!!! It was 56F and windy when I took Misty out for her morning constitutional at 6a. Slightly cloudy and I still don't see any sun yet at 8a.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
No sun in Oregon either, but that is standard. I wish my clients would believe me when I tell them that clouds are good for photography. :confused: :rolleyes:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning! When I get off work, I will start my week of Jeff therapy. Except I still have to work my two overnight shifts.

Yay, so glad you get to see him!!

Any Mother's Day plans?

Alicia Hoogstra

@Greta16 I have two...Luna (sulcata) and Lilly (Leopard)..They are my spoiled little ones! My Leopard came from Vicki at the Tortoise Yard, she is SOOO healthy and Happy. Luna came from Tortoisetown, and she is happy and healthy as well, but there definitely is a difference. I would buy more from Vicki long before some of the "Big" store.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
The wind's up here. I hate the wind!!! It was 56F and windy when I took Misty out for her morning constitutional at 6a. Slightly cloudy and I still don't see any sun yet at 8a.
We looking forward to mid-next week.....Low 90's are coming! ! !

Greta16

Western Maine
@Greta16 I have two...Luna (sulcata) and Lilly (Leopard)..They are my spoiled little ones! My Leopard came from Vicki at the Tortoise Yard, she is SOOO healthy and Happy. Luna came from Tortoisetown, and she is happy and healthy as well, but there definitely is a difference. I would buy more from Vicki long before some of the "Big" store.
I got Hermie from Tortoise Town too. She's doing really well. I'm hoping someday I can move to a warmer climate and have a Sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My daughter usually takes me to breakfast, but she just started her infusion therapy (similar to chemo) and she's really feeling awful, so I've told her to put my portion of mother's day on hold til she feels better.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My daughter usually takes me to breakfast, but she just started her infusion therapy (similar to chemo) and she's really feeling awful, so I've told her to put my portion of mother's day on hold til she feels better.

I hope this round works.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Do you have big plans for your week-end?

It's windy here, and I hate the wind, but I'm going to brave the weather and go out and chop weeds. I sprayed everything with Round-up a couple weeks ago, but the marestail weed has deep roots and hitting it once with weed killer doesn't do the job. I could spray again, but it's always windy.

I'm having out of town company next week-end, so I have to clean house. I think I'll tackle one room a day instead of trying to do it all in one day.

Now that the weather is warming up I've tried to re-set my internal clock to wake me up earlier. So far it has worked. Yesterday and today I woke up at 5:30a. Didn't get up 'til 6, but that's fine. Gives me about an hour extra outside before Misty tells me it's time for her to eat.

My grand daughter back in New Jersey sent me an email yesterday to tell me she's engaged. This is the one who was medically discharged from the Air Force because of mental issues. It's been over 5 years and the doctors still can't put a name to it - they're not sure if she's bi-polar, schizophrenic or just what's wrong with her. She's under doctor's care and on medication. And now engaged! Oh lordy.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Good morning all. I hope you are well, as per usual I'm dealing with drama, this time in the form of people taking advantage of my kindness and inability to say no. Wish me luck today, I'm gearing up to put my foot down and tell people that my professional time is worth money and that they are abusing me.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Do you have big plans for your week-end?

It's windy here, and I hate the wind, but I'm going to brave the weather and go out and chop weeds. I sprayed everything with Round-up a couple weeks ago, but the marestail weed has deep roots and hitting it once with weed killer doesn't do the job. I could spray again, but it's always windy.

I'm having out of town company next week-end, so I have to clean house. I think I'll tackle one room a day instead of trying to do it all in one day.

Now that the weather is warming up I've tried to re-set my internal clock to wake me up earlier. So far it has worked. Yesterday and today I woke up at 5:30a. Didn't get up 'til 6, but that's fine. Gives me about an hour extra outside before Misty tells me it's time for her to eat.

My grand daughter back in New Jersey sent me an email yesterday to tell me she's engaged. This is the one who was medically discharged from the Air Force because of mental issues. It's been over 5 years and the doctors still can't put a name to it - they're not sure if she's bi-polar, schizophrenic or just what's wrong with her. She's under doctor's care and on medication. And now engaged! Oh lordy.
May be a loving and caring man will cure her. Wish her the best! ! ! !

And it is windy here as well......and OH do I suffer from allergy! ! !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
May be a loving and caring man will cure her. Wish her the best! ! ! !

And it is windy here as well......and OH do I suffer from allergy! ! !

Do you take anything? I just take over the counter antihistamine and it works pretty well.