Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No......Stay indoor. It is way too cold outside. Yard.......Let it grow, Let it Grow, LET IT GROW! ! ! !

All the more for the tortoises to eat, right? I have to go out. I do my grocery shopping on Friday. It's a bit foggy this a.m. and it's supposed to rain a bit later on. Hopefully I'll be home before the streets get wet. My truck loses traction on wet streets.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
My childhood was spent across from the Cow Palace. I watched them build Candlestick, and now I've watched them tear it down. Sad
Wow, that must have been something! So you must be used to the cold. It was a survival test to sit through any game at Candlestick. I remember going to hockey games at the Cow Palace. My childhood was spent in the East Bay. I didn't move to the city until I was an adult.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Got you all beat, my youngest is turning 50. I'm not old enough for that, he must belong to someone else.....
You must have started really early having kids! When our kids were little, my mother in law wouldn't let her boyfriend meet my husband because then the boyfriend would figure out she was older than he thought.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I picked up a spiral-cut ham this a.m. at the store and I have it warming up in the oven as we speak. It won't be warm clear through until about 12:30p, but the house is starting to smell yummy. I'm going to be having left over ham for days - ham sandwiches, scalloped potatoes with ham, ham tetrazinni, ham/pineapple ka bobs, and finally, ham bone soup!

M

Maggie Cummings

Wow, that must have been something! So you must be used to the cold. It was a survival test to sit through any game at Candlestick. I remember going to hockey games at the Cow Palace. My childhood was spent in the East Bay. I didn't move to the city until I was an adult.

I lived a good part of my teen years in Oakland. I think it was 60th St. Right off Seminary. I went to Luther Burbank jr. High and started out at Mission (I think) HS but only lasted a couple of weeks. I decided at about 12 there was much more to living than being good. Did you ever go to that 1/4 pound burger place? Giant burgers and 1/4 of a pie. It was on high St. I think. You can't depend on my memory for squat. All I can say is I've had a hell of a life and I know this because I can't remember most of it....LOL I do remember New Years Eve at the Cow Palace, Charlie Daniels, Marshall and The Allman Bros. for 12 freakin hours. I think I'm gonna google it and see what year it was. Man, what a place to grow up in the '60s.

M

Maggie Cummings

Us kids all sat on the hill, I've never actually been INSIDE Candlestick. We could see perfectly good from the hill. And we had a secret entrance to the Cow Palace and the circus people would let us water the elephants and walk the horses. I lived 3 blks from the Cow Place. What a great time to be a kid. Oh, and I could see the Bayview drive-in movie screen from my bedroom. I saw many great movies, too bad about the audio tho...lol

I meant to say Marshall Tucker that night

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I picked up a spiral-cut ham this a.m. at the store and I have it warming up in the oven as we speak. It won't be warm clear through until about 12:30p, but the house is starting to smell yummy. I'm going to be having left over ham for days - ham sandwiches, scalloped potatoes with ham, ham tetrazinni, ham/pineapple ka bobs, and finally, ham bone soup!

I'll be right over!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I love ham. It was one of the two meats at our Christmas.