Responding to posts or giving advice...

M

Maggie Cummings

Tony was blinded before we knew some of the bulbs were bad. I didn't "parrot", I experienced first hand. Tony hurt so bad it would make me cry. He'd use those hard scaly legs to rubs his eyes more, it was horrid. I spent hours with tea bags on his eyes and ointment in them,just holding him. Try THAT to a yearling who does not cooperate.
Just try putting tea bags on any tortoises eyes and just see how hard it is, and I did it for hours over a year. Just sayin....anybody who
"parrots" my experience with spiral bulbs is fine with me.

However, I was told by the company, that the problem has been fixed, and that the spiral bulbs need to be horizontal, not pointing straight down...
supposedly they are safer now, I personally will not ever use them again...Powersun is my bulb of choice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
And you have to understand, when Maggie had this problem, no one had ever reported about those bulbs, so she had no idea that that's what was wrong with the babies. So, the bulb continued to burn the babies' eyes as she treated them. It wasn't until much later that we realized it was the bulbs, after the damage was done and continued to be done.