MrFlyingOwls

Location (City and/or State)
London
my little tort is being treated for an eye injection and ive had a few people recommended using orchid bark or orchid mulch/sphagnum moss for his substrate.

I can’t seem to find anywhere to buy it in the uk does anyone know where I can get it?

Also is sphagnum moss okay to use? I thought Russians needed to be in lower humidity so I’m just concerned using it as substrate will make it too humid?

Lastly if anyone has any success stories about torty eye infections it would be lovely because I’m in parent panic mode

Kelly.324

Durham UK
I ordered both the orchard bark and the moss from amazon. Hope that’s helpful.
[emoji4]

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
my little tort is being treated for an eye injection and ive had a few people recommended using orchid bark or orchid mulch/sphagnum moss for his substrate.

I can’t seem to find anywhere to buy it in the uk does anyone know where I can get it?

Also is sphagnum moss okay to use? I thought Russians needed to be in lower humidity so I’m just concerned using it as substrate will make it too humid?

Lastly if anyone has any success stories about torty eye infections it would be lovely because I’m in parent panic mode

I would just avoid the long stringy moss...the finely processed is good. It does hold humidity pretty well...but can also dry up a bit ....so you can likely work with it just fine....