This is pebbles

Sara G.

Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
Having an accurite or anything to properly read the humidity will help you know if your humidity is high enough.
If you're worried about your tort not having enough humidity then you can make a humid hide.
But usually once the top layer dries out well though then it's time to add some more water, or at least mix up the top into the rest and have it start over again.

You can use a piece of slate or anything. I have to use two paver stones because my tort is pretty big. You should be able to get away with one stone or even a collection of decently sized flat stones. :)

Neil.pebbles

She's got a wooden hide which I've attached at end of table now she's in that at the minute the coir is still cool and not dried out but she be ok on that if damp yeah ???

Neil.pebbles

It's a bit that I've attached on with a removable lid but she's inside that I worry coz still not completely dry and she was sleeping on the aspen bedding before just want her to be warm get scared

Neil.pebbles

I if crumble some dry coir int the hide on top of the moist stuff as well just lifted lid now she's asleep not Burrowed or anything just on top of the coir

Neil.pebbles

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467794554.907418.jpghelp please I just want ideas on where and what I can do to create a humidity point in this table this is my pebbles she's asleep I just don't want any problems for her please help

Neil.pebbles

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467795474.906422.jpghelp please I just want ideas on where and what I can do to create a humidity point in this table this is my pebbles she's asleep I just don't want any problems for her please

Neil.pebbles

Just want to know if I turn a Tupperware box upside down cut hole in would this help for humidity hide and where and what I can do please help me

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Yes that would help as a humidity hide. Many stuff it with moss, others just spray it. Wither way make sure its warm in the box, so maybe keep it on the warm side.
Also, covering the top some helps hold humidity and heat in.

Neil.pebbles

What could I cover it with just worried she's so dry I popped home at lunch time from work and she had some food I've got that box at bottom of pic she can go in and out its at the cool end and has nice soft moist coir in just want some ideas anything just making me stress with worry

Neil.pebbles

So I could cut out box spray the coir and put on top in hot end She may go in there and where should I cover up you see the pick of my table and could help with this please and thank you for helping me

Neil.pebbles

Dunno where to cover up and what to use have a look at my pics of Table and see if you can come up with any ideas would be great

Neil.pebbles

Thank you I'm just gonna stick a tub inside table at hot end for hide would something like this over the table leaving the bulb end a bit open but might store humidity ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467816409.652420.jpg

Neil.pebbles

This is at work but I have something similar at home that could cover up part of the table but first I'll stick a home made hide I'll make that soon as I'm home

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I do that with mine when i think the AC inside is going to drop the heat with my russians lower than i want.
Just figure out which works best for you & your little tort

Neil.pebbles

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467825751.924301.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467825793.813402.jpg could either of the work I've took two one with hide lid fitted and one without or you think the hide at cool end will work ok without the plastic there ???

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Its hard to tell without an accurate thermometer. I would say keep both covered for now. Once you get the new thermometer/hygrometer, you'll know whats needed