Cherryhead not eating..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
My cherryhead hasnt been eating. Not sure whats going on. Not showing any signs of illness. No runny nose, no discharge of any kind, clear breathing. Ive been soaking her and keeping her heat up but cant get her to eat, even her favorites. Does anyone know what could be going on??

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
How many days since she last ate? Bowel movements look alright (not runny)? What's your diet plan like, lots of variety?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Is she housed with other tortoise? Bullying possible?
What is humidity in enclosure?
What type of lighting are you using?
:D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Do you keep her with males!?
If so she may be wanting to lay eggs?
If she is not ill in any way she will eventualy eat! :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
There are a lot of possibilities here. Too hot, too cold, too wet/clammy, too dry, wrong foods, stressful situation (tortoise is scared or feels at risk), illness that is not showing signs yet (contrary to what you may have seen suggested, sick animals of all species will often act perfectly normal until they are quite sick.)

More info about your tortoise, diet, and cares would help. You can also try the links and assorted sections of the Tortoise Library, linked below.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
My 6 month old red foot doesn't eat much, she eats all her Mazuri but only take a bite or two on her greens & fruits. I feed her Mazuri 3 times a week and she polish it all, other days she hardly eats. Otherwise she looks & acts healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.