Jacky And Daisy

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
It is a weird pattern in these awful animal abuse cases, they never seem to be satisfied with just a few animals. These situations seem to escalate when they get dozens of animals.

If anyone is interested, this is an article in Finnish about the situation in Finland: https://yle.fi/a/3-10966379
I think the charges should rise from the amount of animals these horrible people were keeping :(

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah -it is too cold for my walk today, but here is IMGP9180-copy.jpga photo of part of our front garden, which looks very pretty, and will perhaps take your mind off the sad story of the Aldabras. The grass at the back of the seat goes up a high bank to next door, instead of a hedge.
Here is another ... Love from Zola xxxxxIMGP9177-copy.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
It is a weird pattern in these awful animal abuse cases, they never seem to be satisfied with just a few animals. These situations seem to escalate when they get dozens of animals.

If anyone is interested, this is an article in Finnish about the situation in Finland: https://yle.fi/a/3-10966379
I think the charges should rise from the amount of animals these horrible people were keeping :(
Horrible there are some horrible people around.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah -it is too cold for my walk today, but here is View attachment 371338a photo of part of our front garden, which looks very pretty, and will perhaps take your mind off the sad story of the Aldabras. The grass at the back of the seat goes up a high bank to next door, instead of a hedge.
Here is another ... Love from Zola xxxxxView attachment 371340
Good evening everyone!

Zola that is beautiful! You are so lucky! Please could you send us a list of the wildlife that visits your garden. Also do you sit outside with your parents? Sapphire do you get outside at the moment? Dickie and Sherman have you been out today? PeeWee, Seymour and Sally have you been out at all. I didn't get out today because it was too cold and Natrah was drenched. My light is set at 20 degrees Celsius at night and up until last it hadn't needed to come but Natrah was amazed to find it on! Natrah also looked at the room thermostat and decided to put the central heating back on! Have you done this Angie and Sue?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah

PS: Natrah came back and said that there were no flowering dandelions so it's best to wait until tomorrow when the sun comes out so I decided to sulk and stop eating my greens, lettuce and tomatoes and hey presto! I was given dandelion leaves from the garden!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello Natrah -it is too cold for my walk today, but here is View attachment 371338a photo of part of our front garden, which looks very pretty, and will perhaps take your mind off the sad story of the Aldabras. The grass at the back of the seat goes up a high bank to next door, instead of a hedge.
Here is another ... Love from Zola xxxxxView attachment 371340

Dear Angie,

How absolutely beautiful and stunning your garden is!!!!
I am going to show my mum!
She is always trying to make an English garden here in NJ.
She is from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and misses how wonderful the gardens over there were.
What a magnificent job you have done.
You should be VERY proud and pleased.
😍😍😍

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
And here is our friendliest robin in our back garden, looking at Richard through the kitchen window !
Love from Angie
View attachment 371341

I thought I had a blind bird in my front yard last week because he kept me up all night singing all types of songs and mimicking car alarm sounds etc… he was extremely loud at it too!! 😖

When I told my mother about it she said
“No you dummy!” “That is a nightingale.”
“What the h*ll is THAT?” I said…
She explained and we both had a very long laugh 😂 (which I’m glad about because it made her happy).
I DID really think it was a blind bird that couldn’t tell if it was day or night.🤣🤪
I thought he would have stopped when he realized that the other birds were quiet
And didn’t answer him. 😝
Do you know how
Some people are “book” smart…
and some people are “street”smart….
I am neither. ☹️😖😫

Love -
Chef

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I should have mentioned that the robin photo is of the one who comes to stand on Richard's hand and eat mealworms, about 20 times a day - he has, of course been taking some home for his babies as well - he only has to appear at the window and Richard is out there - in the pouring rain, in his dressing-gown, with the mealworm box ! There is something about a robin that is irresistable - he sometimes sings little quiet songs to Richard too, while he stands on his hand.
Angie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Angie,

How absolutely beautiful and stunning your garden is!!!!
I am going to show my mum!
She is always trying to make an English garden here in NJ.
She is from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and misses how wonderful the gardens over there were.
What a magnificent job you have done.
You should be VERY proud and pleased.
😍😍😍
Dear Chef - our garden is very random - Richard does most of it - he grows some plants from seeds, cherishes ones which have survived the winter, and buys packs of little plants from various places because he likes the look of them. So it is all very mixed together, and we like it that way. Your mum might think it is a bit of a mess, but we are always having new colours and shapes appearing ! Our climate here is pretty good, and most things survive.
Zola has a lovely red rose flowering by his conservatory window - it appeared this morning - and there is a bush of little white ones beside it, which is getting more blooms every day - and a little wren seems to live in it ! We often see it through his window.
Angie x

MaNaAk

Southend
I should have mentioned that the robin photo is of the one who comes to stand on Richard's hand and eat mealworms, about 20 times a day - he has, of course been taking some home for his babies as well - he only has to appear at the window and Richard is out there - in the pouring rain, in his dressing-gown, with the mealworm box ! There is something about a robin that is irresistable - he sometimes sings little quiet songs to Richard too, while he stands on his hand.
Angie
❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ok… well????
How is Natrah???
How did everything go?
Or was your performance not till later this month?
Also, how is Angie?
Did she see the doctor yet?

Thinking of all of you ❤️🙏

Chef.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Yes @Chefdenoel10 the concert is on Saturday so I may not be able to post much this week. Anyway how are you and how are Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY. Jacky says that it is good that Robin can sing for food in the rain but otherwise tortoises can just sulk and that's the way to get what you want! This week we commemorating the D-Day landings and of course Jacky hatched before the war and Daisy hatched during the war. Five years ago D-Day was commemorated with two dozen Dakotas flying over the house. All three of us saw them and I phoned dad's care home so that he could see them.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah and Chef - my mum has her appointment at the hospital on Tuesday, so I hope she will find out then about getting the new headache drug. She will be very glad if it is sorted out, as her headaches have been exceptionally bad recently. I expect she will tell you what happens.
Not all tortoises sulk, Natrah - I never do - possibly that's because my mum and dad always give me what I want as soon as they can.
Love to Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to Chef and dear little Gary, Sally and Squirt from Zola xxxxxxx
and Angie xxxxx

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Natrah and Chef - my mum has her appointment at the hospital on Tuesday, so I hope she will find out then about getting the new headache drug. She will be very glad if it is sorted out, as her headaches have been exceptionally bad recently. I expect she will tell you what happens.
Not all tortoises sulk, Natrah - I never do - possibly that's because my mum and dad always give me what I want as soon as they can.
Love to Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to Chef and dear little Gary, Sally and Squirt from Zola xxxxxxx
and Angie xxxxx

Sllllurrp!!!!
I hope I “licked your headaches”
Aunt Angie!!

❤️🐌—burp!

“Gaaarrryy!”….rude.
So sorry about that 🙆‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_6394.jpeg
    IMG_6394.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6397.jpeg
    IMG_6397.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6399.jpeg
    IMG_6399.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Sllllurrp!!!!
I hope I “licked your headaches”
Aunt Angie!!

❤️🐌—burp!

“Gaaarrryy!”….rude.
So sorry about that 🙆‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Oh Gary, I think you are wonderful !
Lots of love from your Aunt Angie xxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Angie,

We shall be thinking about you on Tuesday. I have my sight-test then and I shall make sure I can see the chart.

Good luck

Natrah

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Angie,

We shall be thinking about you on Tuesday. I have my sight-test then and I shall make sure I can see the chart.

Good luck

Natrah
Dear Natrah,
We here will be thinking about BOTH of you on Tuesday.
If you can’t see the chart, do what I do….
When the doctor asks you to read the last line on the chart say out loud…
“Made in China”. 🤣
That’s where my doctors chart was from.
When I walked into his office I read it up close real fast. Then he took me a way far down the hallway where as I couldn’t even see the BIG letter on top “E”!!!!
😧

All our prayers for a good outcome for both of you!!!!

❤️🐢🐌🐢🙋‍♀️ 🙏

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Natrah,
We here will be thinking about BOTH of you on Tuesday.
If you can’t see the chart, do what I do….
When the doctor asks you to read the last line on the chart say out loud…
“Made in China”. 🤣
That’s where my doctors chart was from.
When I walked into his office I read it up close real fast. Then he took me a way far down the hallway where as I couldn’t even see the BIG letter on top “E”!!!!
😧

All our prayers for a good outcome for both of you!!!!

❤️🐢🐌🐢🙋‍♀️ 🙏
Thankyou Chef!

I had my first sight test in Malaysia when I was 11 years old. In Malaysia there are three national languages Malay, English and Chinese although the eye charts are there same as they are here. The optician was Chinese but for some when I couldn't read the chart I kept saying "I can't read Chinese". My parents were sitting outside and heaven knows what they thinking!

Natrah 🐢❤️

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hello from Niilo to everyone and especially Gary.

Niilo is quite nocturnal in the summer, and I too have trouble sleeping, especially in June when the sun never seems to set and birds chirp 24/7. This photo is snapped at 4 am, so the quality and lighting are terrible, but that is when Niilo is most active 😁

Attachments

• 20240530_034859.jpg
    20240530_034859.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2