Pretend Chat 2.14

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
How are you, my friend? We've been mis-connecting each other here.
Im alive :p exhausted but alive! Cant really chat now, even if I wanted to...
Edit: phone inserted this image, can a mod remove it?
Edit: Problem fixed!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi everyone! I know, I know...i shouldn't have taken time off to check ancestry.com. But, my husband has a free trial membership, and I wanted to really vet all I could for him. He has an interesting background, for sure.

Anyway, my real reason for posting today is to tell you about Baby Runt. She's in hospital. I'm on my way back home now. It's a six hour trip each way.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi everyone! I know, I know...i shouldn't have taken time off to check ancestry.com. But, my husband has a free trial membership, and I wanted to really vet all I could for him. He has an interesting background, for sure.

Anyway, my real reason for posting today is to tell you about Baby Runt. She's in hospital. I'm on my way back home now. It's a six hour trip each way.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make sure my message so far wasn't lost due to lack of signal. So, Baby Runt just stopped eating last Tuesday. She was having trouble passing fecal matter (poop). I went to my local vet who knows and has treated tortoises in the past, but really doesn't k ow how to treat Baby Runt due to her complicated health issues. Baby Runt is now 24 lbs., but she has always strained to poop. I could see she was straining and making noises which told me she was in extreme pain. When I took her to the vet, I requested she be given a exrays, and fluids. She was also given an enema and sent home. Well, I swear Baby Runt was passing out or else dying on me. I decided to go to the best hospital where she can really be helped. The University of Florida Veterinary Hosp is one of the best in the country. When I got there, the receptionist couldn't remember the tortoise was fe.ale, so I said, "Baby Runt is a princess! Do you think you can remember that?" And, he said, "Yes ma'am, I got it, Princess Runt. " I laughted, and said I think I just got her new name since she's really not a baby anymore, except to me. LOL. Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor. She has a cscan ordered for today. I'll get back when I know more

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wow Silvia. That's some tough stuff. I'm happy for you though, that you have your understanding husband to help hold you up during all this! Please do keep us up to date. We all of us care.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, my husband would post right now, but he's driving. He says, that if he did try to post right now, which he wouldn't, he would definitely use the moble app LOL

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Yeah, my husband would post right now, but he's driving. He says, that if he did try to post right now, which he wouldn't, he would definitely use the moble app LOL
I hope he's better soon! I hope your fine :) the chat is different without you (and @Ashes of course).

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My chickens never eat them . They kill them but will not munch them down.
Hi Ashley an Sibi glade you guys are back .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I've been around. There's just a lot going on with the whole child support thing, plus this kitten takes up a LOT is time! Lol how are you? How is everyone else?

@sibi - keep us updated! Hope all is well with you otherwise!!
Afternoon all
Hi Ash :)