Pretend Chat 2.14

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make sure my message so far wasn't lost due to lack of signal. So, Baby Runt just stopped eating last Tuesday. She was having trouble passing fecal matter (poop). I went to my local vet who knows and has treated tortoises in the past, but really doesn't k ow how to treat Baby Runt due to her complicated health issues. Baby Runt is now 24 lbs., but she has always strained to poop. I could see she was straining and making noises which told me she was in extreme pain. When I took her to the vet, I requested she be given a exrays, and fluids. She was also given an enema and sent home. Well, I swear Baby Runt was passing out or else dying on me. I decided to go to the best hospital where she can really be helped. The University of Florida Veterinary Hosp is one of the best in the country. When I got there, the receptionist couldn't remember the tortoise was fe.ale, so I said, "Baby Runt is a princess! Do you think you can remember that?" And, he said, "Yes ma'am, I got it, Princess Runt. " I laughted, and said I think I just got her new name since she's really not a baby anymore, except to me. LOL. Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor. She has a cscan ordered for today. I'll get back when I know more
Oh Sibi she will be in my thoughts. Hurting during pooping is no fun. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Holy crap you guys! I just came back outside and the smoke is thick! I'm not sure how well it will show in the picture, but here's a “normal" view and one from right now. View attachment 95855
View attachment 95856
Time to maybe think of gathering tortoises up…
eek that grass is so dry. i'd be herding my animals and heading out soon.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I forgot to say that I finished up what seemed like the impossible task just now. Woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hola peeps. Hope all is well with everybody.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's so hard for my mind to process the fact that some of our members in the mid/north/eastern states are having snow and frost, and today here it was 109F! The leaves at the very tops of the mulberry trees are starting to yellow, so I can see that autumn just MIGHT be around the corner, but 109F????? Paleeze!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We have around 90 little plus today. My wife are complaining too. I will have her read your post here Yvonne!!!;);)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's so hard for my mind to process the fact that some of our members in the mid/north/eastern states are having snow and frost, and today here it was 109F! The leaves at the very tops of the mulberry trees are starting to yellow, so I can see that autumn just MIGHT be around the corner, but 109F????? Paleeze!
I love hot weather but both of our families are in Michigan so here we stay. It's starting to be cold at night here and yesterday was so cold.
In summary, I'm jealous!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
We have around 90 little plus today. My wife are complaining too. I will have her read your post here Yvonne!!!;);)
109 with no humidity is hotter than I'd prefer, thou I'd prefer it to 60, but your weather is perfect. I'd be out on my kayak paddling around..... We only had like three 90 degree data this summer.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am happy it's football season. Boys in right pants with muscles.... Mmmmmmm . The San Francisco new stadium is really nice.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Our highs are at 100 F! That means its cooler and Fall is coming :) :D YAY.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
109 with no humidity is hotter than I'd prefer, thou I'd prefer it to 60, but your weather is perfect. I'd be out on my kayak paddling around..... We only had like three 90 degree data this summer.
Our temp is 88, it feels like 107 with the humidity! (Its at 84%)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I am happy it's football season. Boys in right pants with muscles.... Mmmmmmm . The San Francisco new stadium is really nice.
I was gonna “like this" then realized there wasn't a way to just “like" the new stadium part or the happy football has started part!!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've still got tee shirts that have the real colors of the 40ers. For awhile, I refused to wear the new colors.